This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone I'm Eric from Orlando Florida, still a beginner in electronics but it has always fascinated me. I'm more on the looking for help side than can help at this time, but hopefully one day I will have more knowledge to share.

Comment

My name is Michael. I don't have alot of experience repairing tv's,but it seems to come pretty easy to me. I have been gifted with an IQ of about 170 and cursed with severe ADHD. I'm 41 years old, do I've learned to deal with it. There was no such thing as ADHD when I was a child. If I could have gotten help when I was a kid,I could have been an engineer or something cool like that, but oh well. On the plus side I have perfected multi-multi-multitasking. I also build computers, bang out code, weld, build houses, repair cars, build custom firearms, repair smartphones, design apps,and everything else that pops into my head.

Comment

Hey, new user from Ireland with a broken TV so needing help

Comment

Howdy all,
          Names Ben. About ten years ago I was given a computer, started playing games, and started digging them out of the trash to take apart and see the guts. Of course this led to building my own.

5 years ago I had a kid, and have had nothing to do with computers since, though I still tinker (bikes house, shade tree mechanic).

Anyway, stumbled upon this site after my 5 year old tv decided to quit. With the price of tvs these days, I decided to try and fix, or just get a new one, as the cost of repair is aprrox 160, and from what ive read, this part is so common to break, that it is hard to get. May as well learn how to do it myself.

Comment

Help everyone. Names Andrew and I am from northeastern Ohio. I have been lurking and reading up on information pertaining to a bad PSU on a tv and figured I would join in case I need to ask question. Thanks everyone for re wealth of information I have learned so far. I do have a tad bit of a head start. I work for a large company supporting our hardware in the datacenter and have been tinkering for years with electronics. I even got my ham license at a young age. Ok enough rambling and back to work.

Comment

Hi there. I am fulfunc. I have a long background in instrumentation -- gets me into all sorts of things.

Right now I am looking for some help with a salvaged Sparkle FSP300-60atv power supply that I was re-assigning for bench top power.
              I have stripped all the original output cabling, cleaned up the board, components, and replaced the fan with a quiet fractal 80mm. Have installed new output wiring to lugs on the outside. Primary interest was in +5 and +12.
              right now, it powers up fine. no load I have +5.26 and +11.25 at my outside terminals.
              I have left the +3.3 for later --5VSB is disconnected - if I connect it to the +5 it pulls everything to stable 5.24 with no 12v.

I have 3 adjustment pots on this beast VR1 beside the PG-OK line, VR2 directly under the output cabling and 3.3 cables, and VR3 at the rear, near the FP3528 chip.

What are each of these trimmers controlling ?? I want to up the +12 from 11.2 up to 12.2 and not overdo it with the +5 --- target 5.25 right where it is right now.

Which pot should I diddle to up the +12 while not disturbing the +5 ??

Comment

Hello everyone! Im Zack from Singapore!

Comment

Hi everyone I'm Helmut from Hamburg in Germany. Hope this site helps me.

Best regards

Comment

Hello,
                    I finally manage to post in this forum to say hi.

Comment

Hi to all
                      my name is Francesco and I write from Italy, sorry for my English.
                      I'm 26 years old and from 10 years i'm computer technician .
                      In free time I dedicate to repair tv.

Comment

Hey, everyone!

I'm Rob. I'm a software consultant that likes to dabble in the hardware side of things from time to time.

Comment

Greetings, I am a new member looking forward to learning and sharing info on technology. My immediate interest is servicing UPSs. I am not an old timer, but cut my teeth on a Commodore 64 and a DEC PDP 11.
                          Jack

Comment

Hi is there a moderator here?

Comment

Hello, i came searching for ideas on how to fix one of my PSU, damn corsair and their crap they sell, i got owned

Comment

Hi everyone, I am a computer science student pursuing my B.S. I'm here mainly because I'm having some laptop issues (hardware related I believe) and I would like to learn how to fix it myself!

Comment

Hello All,

Working on my father in law's LG 47ln5400 TV. When it is turned on, there is only the quick flash on the screen. I have it taken apart and used my benchtop power supply (DIY) to test the LED strips. 10 of the 12 strips did not light up when I applied 12v to them. Saw some other posts on here about that tv and wanted to check them out.

Thanks for the invite!
                                  -Tom

Comment

Hello everyone Forum
                                    My name is Manuel and I am electronics technician
                                    It took 35 years and I canso.No not have much time, I'm always very busy.
                                    a greeting

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                      I am John and my hobby is electronics. I hope to widen my horizons here!

Comment

Hello. I have recently begun recapping audio equipment and I am still learning. Looking forward to some good discussions.

Comment

HI
                                          Yes I am a real human.

I look forward to being a member of this forum.
                                          Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                          X