This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Just doing my initial post so I can start a new thread sometime next week. I have a T.V. I would like to try and fix but I have to get my ducks in a row first, namely getting a DMM. It will be here soon.
    Until then. Thanks!

Comment

Hello, I work for DOD. I'm a systems Engineer.

Comment

Hello Everyone! Found this forum while doing a search online for some information on capacitors. I've been a "computer guy" for what seems like ages... Remember logging into BBS's?? So I've always tinkered with computer and electronics in one form or another and currently do many "repairs" for family and friends. When someone has a questions, they ask me first... lol... It's nice but can be overwhelming at times so I look to the internet for help.

Currently looking to fix my TV so I thought this would be a good place to learn. I look forward to reading the posts on here for knowledge!

Comment

Glad to find this forum!!!

Comment

Hi everyone. I am new to posting and this forum. From what little I have seen so far this is my type of site, lots of good information and knowledgeable folks. I stumbled into this link while trying to find schematics, service manuals or help for a sharp LC-C4677UN That will come on after being unplugged for a couple of weeks, but after twenty minutes or so it will shut itself off and then the power supply sounds like it is trying to reset. I have a little bit of knowledge in electronics, 30 plus years troubleshooting. I look forward to searching through to find relevant information for my latest project.

Comment

Hi,
              Found this forum searching for TV repair help.

I work on Radios and Radio systems for LE/EMS/FIRE

Thanks

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm a computer systems engineer by day, and like to tinker with stuff in my spare time. I love fixing electronics, and I have fixed a LOT of things by just replacing bad caps - probably 20 computers and a few TVs.

Comment

Hi there guys, I see a lot of people are in chat here so I'm here to learn something new

Comment

Hey guys, I found this forum looking for tips and so far it's been very helpful!

Thank you all

Comment

Hi guys, i just found this forum while i was searching parts for my TV. I work as an electrician in R&D Department for a company in Germany (so sorry for my bad english ). I hope i can find some helpful informations and meet nice people.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                        I foumd badcaps while doing a search for a way to fix my Dymex lcd TV. I like to tinker a fix things (sometimes) and managed to fix my digital camera that was dropoed (new lens assembly). It appears that the TV might be a fairly simple fix so I'll check out some posts and see how it goes. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, Everyone.
                          I'm Lior from Israel.
                          Stumbled onto this place while looking for tips on fixing a trashed Panasonic plasma (th-p42c10m) I got.
                          Repairing stuff is a hobby for me, but I really get into it. Currently 20hours straight into fixing that plasma.

I joined to share my story on that plasma, but sadly, it seems I'm not done yet. I'll post a question in the forum later.

Cheers.

Comment

hello all, very interesting forum

Comment

Hello, I have just joined and have had experience in the audio/TV trade. I have also worked in a post production studio. My electronic skills basically date back to the 70s and 80s. I'm new to today's electronics and hoping for a little help.

Thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm from the C64/Amiga vintage, I have an education industrial electronics but but only did a short stint in that, before ending up in IT and datacenters for most of my career.

Comment

Hi. I like all things electronics and computer related. This forum seems like a wealth of knowledge! Like many of us, I am here because I am trying my first cap job on a flat panel tv!

Comment

Trying to fix a power supply …
                                    This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Comment

Just modding my way through life, fixing things now and then.

Comment

Hi,

I am just reading some threads looking for clues to help me fix a LA 7912P mobo. If I fail I will be back looking for help.

Cheers.

Comment

Just need help troubleshooting TV's.

Comment

Working...
                                          X