Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brother Inkjet Constant Clogging on Magenta Only. Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother Inkjet Constant Clogging on Magenta Only. Tips?

Hi guys,

I have a Brother MFC990CW inkjet of which I am using refillable cartridges. I know this printer is close to a decade old, but everything is (mostly) working properly and I keep it serviced nicely so I'm just trying to squeeze as much life as I can out of it.

The only issue I am having is that the magenta color clogs up very frequently and I have no idea why. I've been having this problem for the last year and my solution has been to print full color pages regularly to unclog it. However, once it unclogs, a few days later it it will streak again. I have already taken the printer apart and forced a cleaning solution through the inkjet nozzles (distilled water and alcohol) but the problem always comes back. Strangely I am not having any problems with the other colors.

Does anyone have any ideas? Are there certain brands of bulk refill ink that might be better at not clogging? Or perhaps there's something I can add to the ink to help it?
    Last edited by nobbnobb1; 11-29-2019, 08:33 PM.

Re: Brother Inkjet Constant Clogging on Magenta Only. Tips?

With Canon ink printers when a color starts streaking you flush all the old ink from the sponges in the cart and refill with fresh ink.

Comment

Re: Brother Inkjet Constant Clogging on Magenta Only. Tips?

You can try sticking that thing in an ultrasonic cleaner. There a YouTube vids about that. I’ve put a lots of things that needed cleaning (incl. engine ECU’s) into my ultrasonic cleaner with good results. It all depends on how strong the ultrasonic cleaner is and what cleaning solution you use.

Comment

Working...
      X