HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor PC bios request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor PC bios request

hi...HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor PC bios and ec needed...i will send the copy of main bios and ec and a 9meg bin file that extracted from hp recommended file for the serial number of this pc...i dont have the knowlege to create a working file from orginal file...also i checked the same requested bios forums for this model tought may working for mine to but they didnt...with my orginal corrupted bios cpu detect and get warm but with those files cpu did not detected...thank you for sharing
    Attached Files

Re: HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor PC bios request

Originally posted by soso technician View Post
    hi...hp elitedesk 800 g2 small form factor pc bios and ec needed...i will send the copy of main bios and ec and a 9meg bin file that extracted from hp recommended file for the serial number of this pc...i dont have the knowlege to create a working file from orginal file...also i checked the same requested bios forums for this model tought may working for mine to but they didnt...with my orginal corrupted bios cpu detect and get warm but with those files cpu did not detected...thank you for sharing
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try..

thank you so much peste for your help and spending your time for solving the problem....it worked perfectly.

Comment

hi... I need help,

I have HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF, can I reflash the EC and Main BIOS by using dump files for another machine?

Comment

Originally posted by mradouane1 View Post
          hi... I need help,

I have HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF, can I reflash the EC and Main BIOS by using dump files for another machine?
          If its the same exact machine yes,but if its an intel based machine then the ME management engine firmware would need cleaning before flashing the bios.
          On some boards the MAC address is also unique to the machine so its better to try and fix your bios first.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            If its the same exact machine yes,but if its an intel based machine then the ME management engine firmware would need cleaning before flashing the bios.
            On some boards the MAC address is also unique to the machine so its better to try and fix your bios first.
            Thank you,
            its same machine, I'll cleaning the ME Region and trying to reflash again (EC and MAIN)

Comment

s

Comment

how do you do the engine management cleaning if the computer refuses to post. The fans spins very fast. That is all I get.

Here are my files.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by alexdc; 06-16-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Anyone can help? Thank you

Comment

Anyone can help to get a clean bios?

Fan spins and theb end up spinning very fast. Not post after bios update. I tried to flash the bios with the hp latest file but still doesn't work. I think my ec controller bios needs cleaning. I posted it my files a few posts ago.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by alexdc View Post
                      Anyone can help to get a clean bios?

Fan spins and theb end up spinning very fast. Not post after bios update. I tried to flash the bios with the hp latest file but still doesn't work. I think my ec controller bios needs cleaning. I posted it my files a few posts ago.

Thank you
                      posted bios are corrupt EC is empty, and main half empty ... extract once more and post, check before posting the bios in HxD program ..
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

posted bios are corrupt EC is empty, and main half empty ... extract once more and post, check before posting the bios in HxD program ..
                        Oh thank you. Could it be corrupted and empty from the update?

Comment

My problem started when I tried to flash the main bios. I think I interrupted the process by mistake and now it wont post.

The file I've added below is the main bios from hp's website. I just tried to useit again (After the flash, it booted with no post but nothing was happening except the fan spinning and then when I turned it off, it ended up making 2 long beeps and 4 short beeps and then powering itself back on. After powering itself back on, it still woudn't post and the cpu fan would gradually spin faster and faster until it reaches it's top speed) I also tried the solution from peste that worked for the original post of this thread. Nothing worked, same problem but no beeps, the cpu fan just spins quickly after a minute or so. I am using the software XTW2 Programmer with the XTW 2 usb programmer. I can even remove the ram and the computer will do the exact same thing. No beeps. Just a fan that spins very fast after a minute.

Here is a picture of my motherboard.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xDh...ew?usp=sharing

The yellow chip is obviously my main bios but is the red one the ec bios? It looks like it because they are the only ones that I can put the clamp on.
                          Does someone has a clean bios for the ec for the 800 g2 spitfire rev A?

Thank you to anyone that has an idea and can help. Otherwise, I think I might need to buy another motherboard even if this one is potentially fine.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by alexdc; 06-21-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to try to extract it again before I flashed it with the bios from hp's website. I think it was corrupted anyway. How do you check in the program hxd? I opened the file. I don't have the original bios file from my machine anymore. It's been corrupted that's why it's not working.
                            Last edited by alexdc; 06-22-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to try to extract it again before I flashed it with the bios from hp's website. I think it was corrupted anyway. How do you check in the program hxd? I opened the file. I don't have the original bios file from my machine anymore. It's been corrupted that's why it's not working.
                              try post # 2 ..

Comment

try post # 2 ..
                                I did

Comment

I did
                                  Flash the 8MB from post #1 and the 16MB from post #2 .
                                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Flash the 8MB from post #1 and the 16MB from post #2 .
                                    Not on the same chip right?

Comment

Not on the same chip right?
                                      No, 2 seperate chips. If both bios chips are macronix then MX25L12873F = 16MB, MX25L6473F = 8MB .If they`re a different brand such as Winbond they should have 128 and 64 as part of the part number,such as 25Q128 25Q64

Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-22-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

No, 2 seperate chips. If both bios chips are macronix then MX25L12873F = 16MB, MX25L6473F = 8MB .If they`re a different brand such as Winbond they should have 128 and 64 as part of the part number,such as 25Q128 25Q64

They are exactly the first 2 that you mentioned. I am having a hard time flashing the 8mb with my clip. I need a better clip.

Comment

Working...
                                        X