Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

@palembang
    ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen7 has a Self-Healing bios, if you patch the file it will self recover in the best case and patched file custom code won't even execute.
    Last edited by AAAC; 01-14-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
      @palembang
      ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen7 has a Self-Healing bios, if you patch the file it will self recover in the best case and patched file custom code won't even execute.
      you're right friend, patch not workin. nvram no found for patching with autopatcher. even bios update will bios auto healing no change.

I am really confused to continue the next stage. I have used uefitool ne and IDA and there is no progress. any suggestions for the next stage?

Comment

hi could someone patch this for me please
        i cant get the cmd to run today for some reason

thanks
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

i need lenovo t440s pathc

Comment

Originally posted by leemobile2306 View Post
            hi could someone patch this for me please
            i cant get the cmd to run today for some reason

thanks
            Hi Try This!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
              Hi Try This!
              hi thanks for that but it just beeps now

Comment

The patch for Lenovo T450 already worked for me.
                Did you notice that from post one.

"When booting the patched BIOS you might have to:
                - Hold the anti-tamper switch down the whole time (use tape)
                - Remove the hard disk or replace it with a locked one"

I always mount the bottom case and then i start the notebook with the patch.

Comment

Have you reassembled the ram?

Comment

Lenovo T460s is OK. Thank you.

Comment

@palembang
                      A friend have unlocked 2 ThinkPad T490 using a EC/KBC programmer, it's more complicated, but it can be done. I recommend to investigate what's the EC/KBC chip in your X1 Carbon Gen7, for EC/KBC programmer you need to locate the JTAG signals, you may have to solder wires to the motherboard to connect them to the programmer and remove/install a resistor to enable JTAG interface (just change resistor from PULL-UP to PULL-DOWN position, signal is LOW-ACTIVE). Some EC/KBC can be programmed through the keyboard connector using a FPC cable.
                      Or you can wait for a more easier solution to be available.

Comment

Originally posted by m3tauser View Post
                        So short update from me: managed to patch the bios. in my case the problem was that I had to versions of Python, 2 and 3, installed. So i had first to uninstall python2 and after to modify autopatcher.py file and manually change from python to python3 (i am using ubuntu 20.04) and after that the process went straightforward.

So I can confirm that the patch works in Lenovo Thinkpad t460p.

thanks to all who made it possible!
                        Could you tell me where the BIOS chip is on the T460p?
                        Thank you.

Comment

Knucklegrumble, thank you very much! Lenovo L380 password was successfully reset whiten your solution.

Comment

Hi! can someone help me make a patch, I can't do it, I will be grateful!

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1610986702

Comment

Hi try this!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

could somebody patch a p52 bios with 32mb.

Comment

Hello, could someone please send me the bios file for lenovo x1 yoga 3th generation 20 EL. Thanks

Comment

I had some problems with the Python script on Linux Ubuntu.
                                        For everyone who also gets an error message in Linux helps.

SHOW=$(sudo find $HOME -iname 'UEFIreplace'); chmod +x $SHOW
                                        Last edited by Markus1741; 01-21-2021, 04:23 AM.

Comment

i need lenovo t460s patch please orj dump attach

Comment

Working...
                                          X