This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! I'm here to learn how to unlock my laptop bios! Hope every one can help

Comment

Hello Peeps ... I have join this site to learn something new ...

Comment

amiga forever....

I am 52, Greek. My first computer was a Amiga 500 on 1993 and with the amiga there was gratis a dos book with all the commands... (remember "deltree!!!")
        Well i was very surprised when i saw the same commands on the Microsoft dos -windows!!!
        ---remember---
        THE AMIGA HAD VOICE OUTPUT ANG READ ALLOUD FUNCTION WITH 512 KB RAM.... and games with 2x1,44 mb

My first laptop Compaq 486sx with 8megs ram and 100 megabyte of harddisk!!!!! I still have this disk as a souvenir from another time.....

---remember---

Now married with 2 kids, and electronics is just my hobby..
        I AM here to un-password my bios, locked by mistake, but i find the forum very interesting on leaning new things.

Comment

Hello, World! :-)

Comment

Hello everyone, I've worked as a automotive dismantler for the pass 30 years, I'm a jack of all trades by necessity as I usually can't afford to pay a professional.

Comment

Hello, just registered here. Software developer by trade but recently venturing into electronics. Managed to build a 300 MHz one-transistor oscillator earlier this year (https://foulab.org/projects/eigma/fan/) and recently repaired a 450 watt ATX power supply. You'll have to check my post in "Troubleshooting Power Supplies" for that one! :-)

Comment

Hello. I just found this forum recently. I am fairly new to board repair.

I am a laid off newspaper photographer based in Michigan that mostly covered sports such as MLB, college Football, Basketball and auto racing. I'm looking to transition from photography to repair work.

I hope to learn as much as possible.

Thanks for the addition...

Cheers, Steve Perez

Comment

Hello,
                  I’m french and new here.
                  I had some trouble with my Dell G3 3579 laptop running Windows 10 and that's how I found out about this forum.
                  I repair my pc cause I was suddenly receiving messages telling me a missing dll file (I should point out that I did not install / uninstall anything new or update anything.)

By typing a letter the cursor freezes a few then either the letter appeared or not, or is then doubled, or even tripled!
                  The battery was no longer charging.
                  We see the battery drawing on the desktop filling up ten times before stopping, the battery remains at 0.

I opened my PC, disconnect the battery, took my multimeter and I have my 19.5 V at the transformer output and therefore at the PC input.

I then performed:
                  - Anti-virus
                  - Anti-Malware
                  - Made the last updates (possible because some like bios require 40% minimum battery).
                  - Formatted the pc and reinstalled Windows

My keyboard is still faulty and my battery remains at 0.
                  Despite formatting and reinstalling windows my wallpaper is still there, I think there is some kind of Dell managed underlay that even formatting does not reset.

I ended up doing a simple bios update and everything is working now !

Comment

Hi all, im an italian tecnicianand im very proud of your work here. Im so sorry but only today i see that never post here but a lot of time i found important resource here. So many thanks to you all.

Comment

hi all, im Corrado, im a technichan fin a lab in siracusa, italia.
                      and i to increase my knowledge.
                      thanks for all you response.
                      Corrado

Comment

Hi All,

My name is Gaurav Thakur, I am a technician who use to repair Laptop with Bios fault. I have joined thsi forum to increase my knowledge and get precious help from experts.

Thanks

Comment

Hi guys I'm new to the forums, joined as Samsung screwed my TV. Hope to post soon and get some help understanding the service menu.

Regards

Alfred Manner

Comment

Hello! Chris here, just joined to get some ideas!

Comment

Hello! I'm new to electronic repairs, this seemed like a great place to gain knowledge and share ideas.

-yate

Comment

LOSt my Surface Pro 4 BIOS and CHip Broken by repair man what do i do now?
                                Will anyone send me a working BIOS?
                                I cant even find the correct chip in my whole country

Comment

Hi.
                                  My name is Carlos and i am from Portugal, Lisbon.
                                  I am a software developer and also love to work in electronics.
                                  In this moment i am looking for firmware to vestel 17MB55 boads.
                                  See you around.

Comment

Hello,
                                    This is Akeshma from KSA an electrical engineer with technical troubleshooting skills.

Comment

Hey All... Been messing with electronics all my life. Even have a degree in it, but that was 45 years ago. Things have changed a little since then... LOL. Started fixing LED TV's recently but have never worked on the OLED's. Needing to get some knowledge on these.

Comment

I guess I should introduce myself also. I am 37, portuguese. My first computer was 486 computer. i like very wold like to know and learnd how to repair laptops motherboards

Comment

Hello all! Thanks for letting me join one of the best electronics resources online.

Comment

Working...
                                          X