X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everybody, nice to be here.
    My name is Antonio, I'm from Valencia, Venezuela.

I use to repair some electronics equipment, mostly power supply and power electronic circuits.

Regards,

Comment

Hello,

i am from Germany and i repair all kind of electronics, notebooks and PCs. Sometimes i also flash the bios chip.

I would be glad to help you and getting help from you.

Comment

I've been into electronics since 1971. There sure have been a lot of changes since then, and I've done my best to keep up. From vacuum tubes to surface mount I've seen and worked on all.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm Scott in Washington, DC. I found your forum while scouring the internet looking for information about how to fix my beloved Sony KDL TV after it was fried in an electrical storm. I have a multimeter and I kind of know how to use it, and I got a B in shop class, but other than that I'm pretty useless with electronics. Also want to fix my Sherwood stereo and perhaps my Panasonic blu ray player, which were also fried.

Comment

Hey everyone. Found you all while looking for info on a LCD monitor. It is now fixed I'm happy to report.

Most of my repair work has been on appliances.

Comment

Earl teller here

My parents did not name earl, the world wide web did.
              I am an apprentice. I am 22.

My electronics sensei/boss is 78. He used to own 3 places here in manitoba, canada fixen installing and selling electronics.

He is semi retired. He is teaching me tv, treadmill, microwave, cb,am,fmradio, antenna, tower,turntable, repair lnsfallation and sales

We do alot of warranty jobs and house calls most of the shop things my boss does him self.

I fix phones and laptops and pc. Mostly phones thoo.

I found this tread searching for a solution for sony tv. Ill find the appropriate location to ask that question. I hope.

freakaftr8. Thats the guy that explaind the problem i am having on a thread here. But that was not the problem the guy was having so he didnt provide the answer i was lokking for. Probly tcon but yeaa....

I integrated to canda 10 years ago from germany. my parents are russian. I speak read write 3 languages. Tore my acl. I love soccer volleyball and ultimate frisbee.

Love to camp hunt go on survival trips 2\3 weeks at a time. O jea and snowboard too.

Drive an ford focus. Rolled my lexus rx350 on christmas. In the procces of buying a chevy blazer. 4 inch lift 2002. I need that babe for canadian winters.

Dislike cops dislike gangs drugs and bullies.

Hope i stay around and learn a bit.

Cheers

et

Comment

Hi, I'm Keith. I've been screwing around with electronics since the early 70's. My first kit was a PAiA Gnome muic synthesizer. My first computer was a Sinclair ZX80 kit. I took 2 years of electronics at a tech school and then went to work on flight simulators for a major airline where I worked until I screwed up my back in 1996.

The first simulator I worked on had a computer with the original surface mount components called flatpacks. If you haven't heard of them look them up, they were pretty cool in their day. And the memory was called "core" memory and consisted of tiny toroids with wires woven through them. You basically magnetized them one polarity for a "1" and the other polarity for a "0" and they stayed that way even when power was switched off which was a good thing because it took about 20 minutes to load the program with IBM punched cards. :-)

I was in tech school in the late 70's so I learned a bit of analog but mostly digital which back then was just TTL and CMOS. Since I screwed up my back I haven't kept up to date very much except for building and updating PC's and some minor repairs around the house so I'm a bit behind on working on the surface-mount stuff they're turning out nowadays.

I've fixed several monitors and TVs with bad caps but I've run into a problem that's a bit tougher so I'm here looking for help. I'll post about that in another section and hope to get some help and maybe occasionally be able to pay back the favor on other things.

Comment

New Member, look electronics and I work in the IT field. I was told I would take everything apart when I was little to try and put it back together. Most of the time I was successful. Looking for some help on a Plasma tv that is giving me trouble.

Thank you for the great site!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi there, I'm Ally. Very new to electronics, but learning as I go. Saw this site recommended on a YouTube video for help with troubleshooting problems with TVs. Hope to find some extra help here!

Comment

Hello,
                        my name is Tony been interested in electronics and components for some time came here to lean and make new friends with similar interests

I love it when I save a few ££s and repair stuff.

Comment

Hi I'm Evan!

Comment

Hello, Ryan here. I know very little, but like trying to fix tech myself. Hoping to get some help here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,
                              Fo a few years now I've been involved in hobby electronics but nothing to fancy. I can read/reproduce circuits but have a hard time creating them myself. Hoping to learn quite a bit here!

Cheers,
                              Chris

Comment

Hi, My names Hayden and I like to work on anything electronic, Everything from Phones to Laptop Motherboards
                                I've been working on electronics for 2 years now and have limited experience
                                I've been a lurker on Badcaps for over a year and a half now and i have to say i love the forums, There is so much information available here that it's almost overwhelming at times.

I want to thank every person who makes quality content on this Forum.

Comment

Hi, My names mike. I have a Phillips 50pfp5332/37 that im trying to fix. I think it might be a bad logic board. Need to post a help thread. Thanks!

Comment

Hi im mike, I have a phillips 50pfp5332/37 I need help with. Please let me post!

Comment

Hello,

I am Cyberknight13. I am A+ IT Tech certified and have some basic IT experience. I mostly just build/repair PCs for myself and those close to me but I am trying to expand my knowledge into electronics and component level repair (CLP). I have done some basic CLP on PC monitors are various household appliances but my knowledge is very limited.

My father graduated from RETS (spelling ?) back in the 80's and retired as a communications technician from AT&T after over 30 years. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago so I can no longer tap into his vast font of knowledge. He got me interested in technology but I went the IT route instead of electronics and CLP.

I am a disabled vet of the Iraq War (2003) and a medically retired police officer. I am 37 and I like to try and repair our household electronics rather than replace or have them serviced. I am a noob here and know it but I love knowledge and hands on repair. I went to an automotive technician high school and worked as an apprentice mechanic for a few years in my teens. I am from Detroit but live in Siberia now with my family.

Please bear with me if I seem odd at times, I suffered a TBI years ago and my mind is a little foggy these days. I appreciate any help or advice that you all may offer as I start my journey into this exciting field.

Comment

Hello everybody, my name is Chunghb, im from VietNamese, glad to see you

Comment

My name's Tim, and i'm a bit of a nerd. I love computers and technology, but i'm no electrician. Could use a lot of help from here

Comment

Working...
                                          X