Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Latitude 7400 Bios Password 8FC8 Suffix

read about uefitool , me region , hex editing

if i have time i will make a video to explain the process and post the link here
    Last edited by welcometoo; 01-20-2021, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks very much @Imranromi. Complete noob here so bare with me. How do I send the bios file? Would I need to get into the machine for that? How do you PM on here? Do I have the ability to do that as a new user?

Comment

Originally posted by massimmi View Post
        Thanks very much @Imranromi. Complete noob here so bare with me. How do I send the bios file? Would I need to get into the machine for that? How do you PM on here? Do I have the ability to do that as a new user?
        You need programmer read bios chip and post here.If you know soldering then easy for you..

Comment

@Imranromi Is this what you need? F72DP73-8FC8. Let me know. Thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by massimmi View Post
            @Imranromi Is this what you need? F72DP73-8FC8. Let me know. Thanks very much.
            This suffix not possible to generate Master code.If you want unlock you need read bios chip find in motherboard or need bios programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Karol View Post
              Before you buy CH341A, Take a look on what chip you have to read/write.
              Then go to software programmer and look if that chip is supported.

And one more thing. You will be surprised when you discover that CH341A have 5V on data lines (pin 1, pin 2).

I recommend RevelprogIS.
              it can be cnfigured to drive at 3.3v and even 1.8v, there is nothing wrong with CH341

Comment

It's been a few months I was wondering if anyone was able to find something?

Comment

i am desperatly trying to figure out a way to unlock my bios, i bought my laptop off facebook and got scammed and i cannot recover the os until i get my bios password the system number is 7ZVQ433-8FC8

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Who can help? Dell 7400 bios password. I will take a dump in the near future. Respond!

Comment

Greetings @imranromi, @karol and the many others that have provided such good info on this thread. It has been most useful and appreciated.
                        Please will you help me with this Dell 7400 bios.
                        The locked bios screen show this code: FTZ3YY2-8FC8
                        The BIN dump is attached.
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-02-2023, 02:50 PM.

Comment

@zombieramones and @sirko33 - as I'm sure you know from your research on the topic, the bios password on the Dell 7400 can only be reset by physically handling the specific BIOS chip on the laptop's motherboard. You will need to extract the current bios using a flash programmer, and post that dump here. Hopefully, if you ask nicely, one of the kind people who are more knowledgeable than us on this forum will be able to give you a fresh bios (without a pw), which can then be written back to the bios chip on the laptops motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by derekbez View Post
                            @zombieramones and @sirko33 - as I'm sure you know from your research on the topic, the bios password on the Dell 7400 can only be reset by physically handling the specific BIOS chip on the laptop's motherboard. You will need to extract the current bios using a flash programmer, and post that dump here. Hopefully, if you ask nicely, one of the kind people who are more knowledgeable than us on this forum will be able to give you a fresh bios (without a pw), which can then be written back to the bios chip on the laptops motherboard.

I know. It is simply unknown whether the one who will be able to redo the dump remains.

Comment

Greetings @imranromi, @karol and the many others that have provided such good info on this thread. It has been most useful and appreciated.
                              Please will you help me with this Dell 7400 bios.
                              The locked bios screen show this code: FTZ3YY2-8FC8
                              The BIN dump is attached.
                              the password bios has 32MB, not 1MB..look for the chip that has the 32MB bios on the motherboard, make a backup, check it with the HxD program to be ok, and write this bios on the 32MB chip, the 1MB bios which you posted don't go to it..if it doesn't work post the backup of the 33MB bios ..
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks @peste. So far I can only find two chips that look like they are BIOS chips. 25Q80DV and 25Q80C. Both are quite close to where the SSD plugs in.
                                Please could you advise where on the board I might find the correct chip? Thanks

Comment

Thanks @peste. So far I can only find two chips that look like they are BIOS chips. 25Q80DV and 25Q80C. Both are quite close to where the SSD plugs in.
                                  Please could you advise where on the board I might find the correct chip? Thanks
                                  Look for the UC5 chip, it is on the other side of the board. Marking 25B256

Comment

Originally posted by sirko33 View Post
                                    Look for the UC5 chip, it is on the other side of the board. Marking 25B256
                                    thank you shiro for this indication I was looking for the chipset for a while. Do you have a solution to connect to it because it is not the same format as 25Q80DV and 25Q80C?

Comment

Hi there,

I have a Dell LAtitude 7400 2TF11Z2-8FC8 i have managed to read the bios and created a bin file with the dump. can someone help please?
                                      I have attached the bios dump, can anyone remove the passowrd ?

I am completely new to this and went through youtube videos bought a c431a programmer and after 3hours managed to finally read the chips. I have a winbond and gigadev bios chip both are on the file.

Would really appeciate if anyone could help, i have been trying to get this sorted for over a year now and cant find any IT technician that is willing to help.

Thanks !

G

Comment

Have you been able to figure out how to read the bios chip in the #uc5 position? as the format is different and the clip will not read it. the other bin files for chips 25Q80DV and 25Q80C are only 1mb so maybe i can assume these are not the ones?

Comment

Originally posted by cobrakill View Post
                                          thank you shiro for this indication I was looking for the chipset for a while. Do you have a solution to connect to it because it is not the same format as 25Q80DV and 25Q80C?
                                          Hi were you able to read the chip marking 25B256? the clip does not fit as the size is different. does anyone have a solution?

Comment

Working...
                                          X