X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42PQ6000 plasma

Hi to all

I have a LG 42PQ6000 seems to be stuck in standby
    after plugging in to the wall the only thing you can get is red led when you turn the button I/O on or off, the first few times i tried this i did get relays clicking but now nothing just red led on or off
    I have checked cables and connections plus fuses on boards all seem ok

any help appreciated ?

Re: LG 42PQ6000 plasma

Can you supply pictures of the boards and parts inside the set?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom

hope these help

board numbers are

EAY59544701 power
      EAX57622801 control
      EAX57566202 av
      EAX57633801 zsus
      EAX57633701 ysus

justin
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, have you checked that fuse in the middle of the power supply? Between the 2nd and 3rd heatsinks (from the bottom of this image: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...3&d=1411502216)
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

just rechecked the said fuses 1 white one and 2 with black stripe all check out fine

Comment

OK, using your meter, check for the 5V and other voltages on the connector going to the main board (AV board.) If possible use the legend to indicate what each voltage you tested is, for example:

AC DET - 5.0V
            STBY5V - 5.2V
            RL_ON - 0V

Comment

Ok tom here we go

1st test red led on AV board connected

1 17v 0.00 2 17v 0.00
              3 GND 0.00 4 GND 0.00
              5 12v 0.01 6 12v 0.01
              7 GND 0.00 8 GND 0.00
              9 5v 0.06 10 5v 0.06
              11 5v 0.06 12 STBY 5v 5.15
              13 GND 0.00 14 GND 0.00
              15 NC 0.00 16 GND 0.00
              17 AC-DET 5.15 18 5v-DET 0.01
              19 V5-ON 0.00 20 RL-ON 0.00
              21 AUTO-GND 0.00 22 M5v-ON 0.13
              23 KEY-ON 0.01 24 STBY5v 5.15

2nd test AV board disconnected (relays click twice, tcon board green led starts flashing)

1 17v 17.17 2 17v 17.17
              3 GND 0.00 4 GND 0.00
              5 12v 12.14 6 12v 12.14
              7 GND 0.00 8 GND 0.00
              9 5v 5.15 10 5v 5.15
              11 5v 5.15 12 STBY5v 5.15
              13 GND 0.00 14 GND 0.00
              15 NC 0.00 16 GND 0.00
              17 AC-DET 5.14 18 5v-DET 5.13
              19 V5-ON 0.00 20 RL-ON 0.00
              21 AUTO-ON 4.22 22 M5v-ON 0.00
              23 KEY-ON 4.68 24 STBY5v 5.14

see what you think ?
              justin

Comment

Hmm, looks like an AV board fault as it's not turning on the supplies - need to rule that out.
                Would you happen to have a pair of 100 to 470 ohm odd resistors? Through hole style?

Comment

i dont have any to hand
                  but i can pick up some of these "Metal Film 0.6W 220 Ohm Resistor" tomorrow
                  any good ?
                  whats the plan?

Comment

Yes, those will work. The plan is to jumper the power supply and turn it on. Then you can test if everything else works by engaging the self test on the panel. This will show if the main board is the fault.

Comment

ok i have the resistors

could you help me with the self test pls

ps i dont have the remote

Comment

Won't need a remote for this test, not right now at least.

Unplug TV power cable before starting.
                        Disconnect power board->main board connector, on the main board end.
                        Between V5-ON (probably VS-ON) and STBY5V connect a resistor.
                        Between RL-ON and STBY5V connect a resistor.
                        Between M5V-ON and STBY5V connect a resistor.

Now, when you plug the TV in you should get some clicks and then the Vs and Va supplies should come up to approx 200V & 60V each - do they?

Comment

Hi yes just done it
                          yes it worked as you said
                          clicked and Vs and Va come up at 197v and 60.5v

Comment

OK. Look at the screen closely, do you see a slight glow from it?

Comment

yes

Comment

Ok, can you post a closer photo of the control board, I need to be able to see the writing better.

Comment

control board

Attached Files

Comment

OK, just above and to the right of the "LGE PDP" writing there are two holes marked EXT AUTO GEN

Take a piece of wire and jumper these together by hooking it through both holes.

Unplug the top most connector (should go to the main board)

Plug in the TV, do you see test patterns?

Comment

hey Tom
                                      yes done that
                                      its scrolling through the test patterns nicely

Comment

Good, that means you will have to replace the main A/V board, this is the board with the HDMI ports on it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X