Thorn 65thl4kst1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thorn 65thl4kst1

No problem viewerau, I'm not upset, I just posted all the info. that I know about it, the problem seems to be a component/s faulty on your panel driver/edge board/s. Short of replacing those component/s you could try the "tape cut-off method" really don't know if it will work in this situation or not, one video there, many more on youtube: https://www.google.com/search?client...hptQPi5OVqA827

Comment

another there, may have to play with location a width of tape, as mentioned not sure if it will work in this situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlmzLXjCJ_4

Comment

Thanks again...yes, I am trying the tape method, had a couple of goes with no changes, but I am stabbing in the dark I guess?

At this stage I am merely trying to figure which parts to try to block out.

Because my picture does nothing, whether I have the tcon left or right lead disconnected, I don't know which side may be the best to tape off.

One of the methods says to look for the clock numbers, and the other to look at VGH VGL VCC pins, However I can see references for these stamped all over the board.

At this stage I am concentrating on the right side pins on the tcon board connection that sends the signal to the L1 and L2 edge boards.

This is the area I am trying, moving tape around just to see if any different spots create any sort of display...a bit hit n miss until I really know what pins are the one's I should be putting effort into.

The rear of the tcon also has some sort of white backing strips across the board as well...do they protect them somehow?

Anyhow, I will keep fiddling......cheers
        Attached Files
        Last edited by viewerau; 05-28-2022, 04:34 AM. Reason: rear picture tcon
        Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

Just a follow up here, and another request for information, PLEASE?

I have not done anything with this tv after all this time, but last week, I was given another exact same broken model of this one.

In the case of the 2nd broken tv, everything works, other than it has a damaged screen.

My problem on the 1st tv, is obviously components faulty on the panel driver/edge board/s.

It would be great if I could remove the edge boards from the 1st tv, and replace them with the known working edge boards on the 2nd tv, but as far as I can see, this is impossible, due to the fact that the edge boards are attached to the screen and the boards by the cof brown tape.

Is there away around this, or am I a dead duck still?

Thank you

Comment

long thread, hard to remember what happened, you can't change panel boards because theyre connected to the panel but if theres any doubt about whats wrong you could try putting the powerboard, mainboard, tcon from the broken screen tv to the first tv. if its for sure a panel board problem, you could try switching the components from the new tv panel board to the first tv, would suggest practice on a scrap board if not good at soldering.

Comment

Well, it must have been the panel.

I pulled all the component boards out of the 2nd broken screen panel that was working, and placed them into the one I was trying to revive.

The 1st one performed exactly the same, white background, sound, but no video.

I put all the parts of the original tv into the one with the broken panel, and it worked again, except of course the screen was busted.

I guess this means the original screen has faults on that edge panel set of boards, or something else deep inside.

I have removed all the boards from both tv's and will try to sell as parts.

Thanks everyone for their support, and enjoy your New Year

Cheers

Comment

Items sent to rubbish dump today.

Comment

Working...
                X