Hisense 58R6E - Changed all LEDs but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 58R6E - Changed all LEDs but...

I have a single glowing spot on the bottom of the screen. I know the lenses are on as they are new.

What else can it be? I did notice one of the little plastic triangles had a bent tip. Could that be it? I'm having trouble taking a pic of the light bleed but when you scroll it's visible and its starting to take away from my enjoyment of the display.

It's primarily used as a desktop with a low backlight so it only consumes 40W. Suggestions?

Some video: https://imgur.com/a/fiJWcJd
    Last edited by FeerBaron; 05-16-2022, 08:01 AM.

Re: Hisense 58R6E - Changed all LEDs but...

Originally posted by FeerBaron View Post
    I have a single glowing spot on the bottom of the screen. I know the lenses are on as they are new.

What else can it be? I did notice one of the little plastic triangles had a bent tip. Could that be it? I'm having trouble taking a pic of the light bleed but when you scroll it's visible and its starting to take away from my enjoyment of the display.

It's primarily used as a desktop with a low backlight so it only consumes 40W. Suggestions?
    sure this bent tip will cause differences to the distances between LED and first hard plate so the focused of the light will be changed... nothings you can do unless take screen apart again.

Comment

Can I buy another triangle somewhere? Not sure if I could even uncurl the tip. I could 3d print something but it won't be as clear and perfect.

Comment

Can I buy another triangle somewhere? Not sure if I could even uncurl the tip. I could 3d print something but it won't be as clear and perfect.
        you can repair them.. use boiled water to uncurl, you can use weight on the tip or whole the parts, after it come straight just use cool water to let it hold the new shape. just be sure don't use Clothing iron or any direct heat as it will lost the transparency
        3D printer can do the job but you need to have transparent plastic feeding line. and it could at end leave shadow effect not enjoyable at all to see it on the screen.

Comment

I have one of these apart for backlights under the Sharp brand with same problem. Original strips, one in middle bottom has a bright spot. Lens looks like it's melted at corner. I think it was like that from beginning.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Mine had a single strip that turned on then off. The one at the very top. I replaced all of them in the hopes I wouldn't have to open the TV again.

Not much luck with hisense. The one this is replacing worked for a year after LED swap and it's already starting to have one strip occasionally flicker. The 58R6E was only made in 2019.

I'm not a fan of the "smart" features. This TV supposedly has a microphone? I didn't see one inside.
            The power light blinks due to the roku being offline despite being on another input. But hey, free is free.

Comment

microphone build in RC to use Alexa or google voice command

Comment

Wow, I did one better.

Pulled the TV apart again to straighten the bent pieces. I used warm water and actually had some decent success.

Unfortunately when removing the bezel I cracked the corner of the screen and the crack propagated all along the bottom. So now I have no 4k TV.

Comment

that is disappointing for sure, but at least it was only a hisense.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 05-17-2022, 11:29 AM.

Comment

i will never write over here again "" take the screen apart "" LOL

Comment

^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                        i will never write over here again "" take the screen apart "" LOL
                        I will be way more careful taking bezels off that's for sure.

Now I figured I have enough money why don't I buy a used one... all the cheap ones have cross-hatching when used as a 4k monitor

This is the 3rd display I broke in my life.

1. Plasma against the couch fell over.
                        2. Cart fell over on a commercial replacement. And took a repaired LCD with it.
                        3. Now this hisense from my rushed, overconfident bezel removal.

Comment

setting to natural rather than PC display may help with the crosshatching.

Comment

I will be way more careful taking bezels off that's for sure.
                            This is the 3rd display I broke in my life.
                            Taking screen apart job need Piano Players finger.. not Boxer or car mechanic hands ...

Comment

I'm a mechanic and never broken a screen yet.

Comment

^^^

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                                  I'm a mechanic and never broken a screen yet.
                                  but you washing yours hands before attempt to screen or wearing glove LOL

Comment

I know that old oil and grease can kill you, but I can't wear gloves when I fix my truck. The only thing I can do wearing gloves is shovel snow, oh and brain surgery need really thick gloves for that.

Comment

I can barely see oil smudges after I put them back together. If they complain, I give them a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                                        I can barely see oil smudges after I put them back together. If they complain, I give them a discount.
                                        so it sound you did realy gave discount .. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                        X