This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm approaching retirement but still living in a van down by the river! I need to make some more money, so I've been gorging on Apple repair videos leaning all I can.
    I've been in the IT industry for years but have only dabbled in soldering with my Amateur Radio hobby.

Comment

Thanks so much

Comment

Hello, I've been repairing some OG Xboxes and recently stumbled upon Bad Caps after coming up short in my search to find some cap replacements for a v1.6 board. Thanks for having me!

Comment

Sweden has entered the building. Greetings all !!

Comment

Hello,
            My name is Shegs and I'm a student trying to build a career into the tech world so i'm still a rookie, I'm actually here to explore and gain more knowledge so i might be asking lots of questions and solutions as well..lol.. i hope you all don't get so irritated . I always have this feeling, like there is so much i really don't know, i need to upgrade my knowledge one of the best way to do that is to mingle and learn from others into same path as yours, that why i'm here , i hope you all help me out to improve on my career path .

Thank you.

Comment

ola, sou novato conto com a paciencia de todos

Comment

Hello all!
                I'm a electronics enthusiastic and I'm here to share e take some information with you all.

Best regards,
                LuisV

Comment

Greetings,

My folks' tv stopped working the other night. They went to wally world and replaced it. I thought I'd open up the old one and see if I can figure out what went wrong with it and if I can fix it. If I do manage to fix it, I'll just have gotten myself a free 70" flat screen!

But BOY do I need some guidance! I am not an electronics engineer, but I have a background in both auto mechanics (including electrical diagnostics) as well as computer programming and have dabbled in programming (and wiring up) micro-processors (arduino uno boards).

Comment

Hi guys,

Just joined the forum today. I found it today also, so I'm not completely aware of all the gold the site must have.

I'm an engineer trying to solve a couple of hardware problems at home. TV electronics and computer components are my main interests. I'm currently working on a VGA adapter for my Sinclair ZX-Spectrum Y'UV output and on salvaging a LE40B750 Samsung TV.

Now going for some reading on how to troubleshoot TVs...

Comment

Hello everyone excited to learn more. My first computer was a macintosh SE/30 40mb hardrive and one meg ram, also bought one of the first HP inkjet printers with it. I've always been interested in power supplies of all types.

Comment

Hello to all. I'm 34 years old. I want to excuse for my english, because it's not my mother tongue. I am electro engineer and i love to repair different stuff. That's for me in general. Best regards Iron_Plate.

Comment

Hello peeps. I'm here because I have 3 dead monitors and want to learn how to fix them, rather than spend a bunch on new ones.

Comment

have a semi dead hp nx9600.

Comment

New to board lvl repair. I have recently taken an interest in board level repair and have a few of my own to practice on. I look forward to many an hour on this fourm and all of the interaction an knowledge that is here. Thank you

Comment

I am a newly registered member here. Seeking to find out some info on repairing a couple of Samsung Plasma Tv's. Grateful to find a lot of good stuff here. Thanks

Comment

Hi All,

I'm Nev from Southampton in the UK. I've always done electronic repair from the mid 70's - yes i'm very old... (58). I've been increasing my repair work over the last 3 years. The range is pretty wide: HiFi, TV's, Pro Audio, Stage lighting..

Thanks and best regards to all.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Chad and I joined to find information on white screen on a Hanns-G 281 monitor.

Comment

hi, been on here for years & have enjoyed reading the posts, been out of the repair service for about 7-8 years now, after 25 years of it, just dabbing away at a few things here & there now, I started serviving when i was 14...many many moons ago, now 48, born. bred & still live in Belfast. Took to repairing just computers/laptops for last 10 years dumping tvs almost entirely.....now i've decided to see what i've been missing.....

Comment

Hi my name is Peter, and I need informations about a burned element on my mainboard.
                                        Its sounds crazy but a fly joined my display and died in the middle. After that i bought a display to change and that display burned one element on my mainboard.
                                        I need help to identify this element and maybe change it by myself?
                                        Greetings
                                        Peter

Comment

Hello to all! I'm interesting in learning how to repair things like many of you guys out there, so that's why I registered on this forum. Greetings ! D.C.

Comment

Working...
                                          X