Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Regal Brand TV) 32" LG LED display Beer Damage (LC320EUN) (Pictures inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Regal Brand TV) 32" LG LED display Beer Damage (LC320EUN) (Pictures inside)

Hey guys, chirstmas night i got bad luck and some beer spill on my TV. I'm getting some tiny vertical and horizantel lines on screen. I check the LCD's driver circuit board and there was a lot green oxidation on capasitors and resistors( attached picture one). I cleaned the oxidation with thinner and I guess there is some missing parts as, R233, R234 and R224. I did some research but can not find schematic about this driver circuit board of LC320EUN (LC320EUD). So looks like resistors need to be connected, but they are missing. And i guess i'm a bit lucky there is no damage on the sticky plastic pins there. I hope i can fix this with your help. So what value resistors i might use for there? Or where can i find the schmeatic about that, and ideas i appericate lot. Thanks!

Note: First picture of damage area (Right Source of circuit board)
    Second picture shows model of circuit board.
    If you need any information or pictures or someting, i can make it for you! thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nomorebeer; 01-07-2016, 12:23 AM.

Re: (Regal Brand TV) 32" LG LED display Beer Damage (LC320EUN) (Pictures inside)

Additional info; i did some research again and i guess this LCD's working like 2 different LCD's left side and right side. Like controlling right side source circuit board to right side, left circuit board to left side. So my damaged area on the "right circuit board" which controling right side. Then in this situation, left side of LCD might be working fine? but not? Then is there a chance bigger problem there on timing control circuit board? Or i hope this missing resistors and cut lines might effect to failure to whole LCD? I just wondering, right and left side can depend connected somehoe between this missing resistors or not? I'll glad your answers. Thanks!
    Last edited by nomorebeer; 01-07-2016, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Re: (Regal Brand TV) 32" LG LED display Beer Damage (LC320EUN) (Pictures inside)

No ideas? :\

Comment

More than likely beer has gotten into the Tab bond Ic pack Not fixable sorry.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Water damage on the panel or beer such as the one you are experiencing will not be affordable to repair. The entire screen will need to be replaced which is to expensive to be worth it.
          Sorry for the bad news

Comment

I don't know if I'd immediately say it's not repairable. I fixed this over a year ago and it's still working. It took a lot of time, but it was worth it. I think cleaning with thinner may have been a bad idea though. I just used some isopropyl alcohol (91%).

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42650
            ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
              I don't know if I'd immediately say it's not repairable. I fixed this over a year ago and it's still working. It took a lot of time, but it was worth it. I think cleaning with thinner may have been a bad idea though. I just used some isopropyl alcohol (91%).

Originally posted by Nick's Tvs View Post
              Water damage on the panel or beer such as the one you are experiencing will not be affordable to repair. The entire screen will need to be replaced which is to expensive to be worth it.
              Sorry for the bad news
              Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
              More than likely beer has gotten into the Tab bond Ic pack Not fixable sorry.

Thanks a lot for reply guys! Actually the picture i put the first message i find from internet, i couldn't take a picture when i sending message becasue TV was take a part.

Here is i record my LCD while playing some movie here;

https://youtu.be/X3a93GUQaJc

So i find another another video on youtube it's looks very similar my problem. I don't want to be a pesimist but i still feeling i have a chance to fix it :\.

here is the video looks like my problem;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLOGAJCrAGg

And i used thinner just on PCB like the little area i attached first message.(only on the couple resistors, the damaged area)Never touched the tab bond ( i guess you call the plastic sticky connectors lke that). And i carefully check the whole right and left soruce circuit i'm pretty sure no damage aorund there. Nothing looks like wet, tab bonds looks very extremly clear and fine.

So still i wanna fix the damaged part, so what value resistors i should use there for R233, 234, 224. Or only way to find the soruce driver PCB's schematic?

Thanks...
              Last edited by nomorebeer; 01-07-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I read your thread lookimback, and congratz you did a great job there. And i can see the damage on second picture. But if i compare with mine, i had very clear circuit board . So i still have good feelings. I just wondering about disconnect one side. I wish to try that eheh.

Bad News: Disconnected right side(damaged) from T-CON doesn't effect. Left side didn'T came life.
                Last edited by nomorebeer; 01-07-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Those three missing resistors were probably never there to begin with. Most PCBs can be assembled in multiple configurations for different TVs. I'd say replace all the resistors and the caps, and you may have a chance. My TV had been sitting in storage for 2 years before I got it, so the corrosion was bad.

Comment

The cap I marked is clearly damaged. It looks like on end is gone. The hard part is determining the correct value. I'd replace everything there.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The cap I marked is clearly damaged. It looks like on end is gone. The hard part is determining the correct value. I'd replace everything there.
                      Thanks for answer lookimback,

Okay i'm gonna keep that cap(C218) in my mind. Yes those traces 100% damaged, not conducting, broken.(after celaning oxidation this damages shows itself up. (Btw i'm using cellulosic thinner not sentetic one, i always using this to clean PCB after solder someting. And i pretty sure it's never damage traces like that. And i already tried brush some GND traces on LCD's circuit to findout if the thinner damages, but not. So i might sure while LCD working as wet, oxidation with voltage caused this damage.

And yes i know lots of PCB's has some soldering pins but no resistor or caps connected.(on my LCD's PCB there is lots of empty spaces around) So schematics diagram says for empty ones (NC) not connected. So i can't find schematics yet :\. So if we talk about one of this damaged trace, the right one of the picture, if i just fix it, its prove R234 was there, becasue trace directly go that resistor. And other trace looks same for R233. I just wanna fix this area but need to know missed resistors values :\.

I found the LC320EUN-SDV1 PDF(http://help-scheme.com/?wpfb_dl=15639), (It's the barcode model number back of the LCD itself), and this PDF tells everything about the LCD, and talks about how to connect T-CON to source driver circuit with 100ohm resistors,(PDF Page 32) but there is no open schematics about source right and left driver circuits.

Btw the second picture of my post, right source circuit boards model number is, LC320EUD. I search schematics with this number, got nothing .

Still no idea how can i find resistor and cap values... Waiting your suggestions Thanks...

And a quick question: What you call this long PCB's ( right and left , LCD driver circuit or someting?) maybe i got a chance to find a big picture of it google images.
                      Last edited by nomorebeer; 01-07-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I call them address boards. I looked through my box of scrap boards, but unfortunately I didn't have the one you need.
                        Attached Files

Comment

What I'd do is find the matching circuit on the left address board.

Comment

I call them address boards. I looked through my box of scrap boards, but unfortunately I didn't have the one you need.
                            Omg thank you so much you spend time for that. There is a lot of them but i have no luck...

So both boards are different, so i need to track traces and try to figure out.
                            I'll let you know... Thanks again.

Comment

Put up some pics of the other board. It should be pretty much the same, but reversed. Mine was anyway.

Comment

I tried my best; first one the big picture, and then left to right as like rigth to left (upside down).
                                Attached Files

Comment

I put 6870s-1172a into Google and several Chinese sites show part of the board but sadly not the part you want. There is a Polish site which, if you look at the translation, is also about a liquid spillage. There are some images but you have to sign in to see them.

Comment

It's not looking good. Maybe if you hold onto it for a while, you can find another with the same panel. That's probably your only chance.

Comment

I would still clean those pads with alcohol! Those traces are "easy" to fix.

Is there no parts list in the service manual so you can replace those parts and give it a try?
                                      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Did you try using a "glassfiber pen"? You can scratch and search for the traces.
                                        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Working...
                                        X