Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help diagnose AOC e2350sd monitor horizontal line

Hi forum friends,

A friend bought this working AOC lcd monitor and used it without problem for less than 6 months. Yesterday he brought to me and said it has a horizontal line now and will auto shut off in less than 2 minutes. Btw he had decided to dump it if not repairable. As a friend, i tried my best to help and after opening the case i don' t see anything burned or parts having cold solder joint.

Fyi, most of the electrolytic caps are tested within 5% range on esr reading except that i changed cap at c918(680uf reads 654.3uf) to a 1000uf cap. Also i added a 680uf 25v cap at c921 for voltage boost if that helps.
    Other that what i had done, i have no more clue as to why the horizontal line is still there and still with auto shut off issue. I would appreciate if someone with experience and patience can kindly guide as what to check and do to bring this monitor to normal working condition. Thanking in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Help diagnose AOC e2350sd monitor horizontal line

Hi forum friends,

Attached the service manual for reference.
    Thank you for reading and possibly helping to diagnose the horizontal line.
    Attached Files

Comment

hi

First, reset the monitor through the menu, then check the flat between the main board and the screen.
      Also check if the signal cable is not connected to the monitor, do you have the same problem in no siginal logo?

Comment

LCD panel problem, 99% that repair is impossible. (the problem is in the broken contact on the lcd panel glass - on the side lobes, if any)

Comment

Originally posted by boyebaran View Post
          hi

First, reset the monitor through the menu, then check the flat between the main board and the screen.
          Also check if the signal cable is not connected to the monitor, do you have the same problem in no siginal logo?
          Hi boyebaran,

Done the checking flat cable and signal cable. After restart, the horizontal line is still there.

Hi ulyanoff,

Looks like it is the lcd panel problem which is not repairable. Thanks for reply.

Comment

Not repairable sadly, never seen one fail like that though
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
            X