Dell 2007FPB teardown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2007FPB teardown

OK so I've replaced the bridge rectifier and the fuse and now the monitor is up and running, thanks for the help.

Comment

That other heatsink, Q601 and per the marking system, IC601. If there is no short after removing the rectifier, replace that with a good one and check it with incandescent light bulb connected in series with the power supply just to be on the safe side.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

A second 'thanks' to the forum and its members - another SMD resistor on the USB board failed and was replaced - R52 47K this time !

It lives again !

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
          Dear Badcaps, Behemote,
          Additional burnt problem here: In my 2007WFPb the IC601 blown up (and some other resistors too). The resistors have been identified but the IC601 complete unreadable. Shall I use 2407 schematic as reference or anyone can give me the written code. I would appreciate.

Comment

Hello good time
            I am a repairman
            I am requesting a manual service for this monitor (Dell 2007FPB), especially the schematic of the power board, and the value of the R623 resistor that has burned is not clear, and it is not clear in your pictures either.
            I have been suffering from this problem for a long time and I could not fix this monitor.
            please guide me
            Thank you very much for your cooperation

Comment

don't think there was any manual available ever
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Hello, I am trying to repair this monitor that blown the 3A fuse...Just doing some testing on other components and thinking about this picture that found on the forum

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1318649339

Based on that the 12V are for the speakers, the 5V are for the USB, could be possible to just scrap the board and just replace it with a buck converter for the 3.3V, just to make it work as a monitor, no USB, no speakers...

Please let me know your thougths...

Regards

Dario

Comment

in principle, why not

Comment

Ok, thanks for your reply...any guess idea how many amps should be able to withstand this buck of 3.3v?

I am waiting for parts, will try to replace and see of works, plan B is go with the buck converter.

thanks again.

Comment

I'd say, 1-2 amps?

Comment

Working...
                      X