HP Elitebook 840 G2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook 840 G2

I have a HP elitebook 840 g2 that i am trying to reset the password for the bios on. I have a ch341a programmer and i am using version 1.30 of the software. It reads and verifys ok. However, the file is only 2m when saved. I see other files are around 16. What am i doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G2

have you find the right bios chip?some laptops have two,one is connected to KBC and one to PCH

Comment

There are two chips right next to each other. one is winbond and the other is some generic chip that doesn't seem to be able to be read...

Comment

I have a new SOIC clip coming and a rework station. So, if the new SOIC clip doesn't work then i will remove the chips and try reading them that way. Additionally, i am going to try my raspberry pi and flashrom.

Comment

yes,not everytime you can read the content of the chip with soic clip,because of devices connected around the chip.I have tl866a programmer,with this clip can i read only some 1.8V chips on the board, others must go out..

Comment

Okay... so i rad both chips now. BTW... the Pomona clip is the way to go. However, since reading that second chip when i go to turn on the laptop, it has a orange light that blings once every second in front. Additionally, the power button stays lit with no way to turn it off. Any thoughts?

Comment

wrong bios dump?

Comment

Had you cmos battery out while reading?

Comment

cmos battery was out.

Comment

Hi what is the chip number as I'm having problems reading mine on my 840 g2 the chip i have in mine is a 25q16dvsig
                    I own the tl866cs i also own the pomona clip and the 3m clip i either get aload of 0000 or a load of ffffff the voltage rating for mine is 2.7v to 3.6 volts .some of these chips you have to own the 1.8 volt spi flash adapter connected to the tl866cs. This is so I'm told I'm not experienced with bios chips maybe someone in here can helps us both out as mine as also got a password

Comment

hallo all forum members...am having trouble with my 840 g2 bios which has password..tried the 820 g2 but delays for long before logo appears with machine not in committed state...have attached my two bios bin files...thanks in advance
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by gitsfarmaz; 11-25-2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gitsfarmaz View Post
                        hallo all forum members...am having trouble with my 840 g2 bios which has password..tried the 820 g2 but delays for long before logo appears with machine not in committed state...have attached my two bios bin files...thanks in advance
                        here try this and reply.
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the quick reply but the power led only blinks but machine does not power on...is it possible to the ec bin file too( the 2mb ) one?...thanks in advance

Comment

You try again original bios is working or not reply me.
                            YOU SURE IS ORIGINAL BIOS 840 G2.

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                              here try this and reply.
                              thanks for the quick reply but the machine only blinks the power led continuously with no booting...kindly provide for the 2mb ec bin..thanks

Comment

thanks for the quick reply but the machine only blinks the power led continuously with no booting...kindly provide for the 2mb ec bin..thanks
                                i already say can you try original bios again why you need 2mb bios you say original bios password.the laptop model is 840 g2/820 g2?

Comment

the original bios works fine but if i reprogram with your edited 16 mb bios the bios password still remains..my machine is 840 g2..it is the original bios...tried the following bin files from this forum machine now has no password but takes too long before hp logo appears with the following message...''the embedded controller MUD data is not valid while MPM is locked. Please unlock MPM, and lock again to capture valid MUD data
                                  Attached Files

Comment

the original bios works fine but if i reprogram with your edited 16 mb bios the bios password still remains..my machine is 840 g2..it is the original bios...tried the following bin files from this forum machine now has no password but takes too long before hp logo appears with the following message...''the embedded controller mud data is not valid while mpm is locked. Please unlock mpm, and lock again to capture valid mud data
                                    ok try this and reply.
                                    IF REMAINS PASSWORD SEND BOARD CODE.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by imranromi; 11-26-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Doniciputat
                                      Doniciputat commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      thanks master

If above not works try this.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                                      ok try this and reply.
                                      IF REMAINS PASSWORD SEND BOARD CODE.
                                      thanks so much the machine works perfectly now...i really appreciate

Comment

Working...
                                      X