Acer Predator G9-791 Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Predator G9-791 Troubleshooting

Hi Guys. I have here one Acer Predator G9-791 - Board model P5NCN/P7NCN REV.2.0

let me explain what's going on with this board. I had a short on the board, the Laptop turned on but did not allow the battery to charge, then I detected that the Super IO (iteIT8587E) was damage. I made the replacement, but now the laptop does not turn on. The board has two rom chips, Bios and EC. But I was looking on google and saw someone saying that it was necessary to reprogram the Super IO with vertyanov. But if you have EC you need the Vertyanov to program?

Can you help me with this?

Re: Acer Predator G9-791 Troubleshooting

no one ?

Comment

IT8587E has an internal flash and has to be programmed. I doubt there is another ROM on the board for the EC.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

board is Pegatron P5NCNP7NCN ?

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

The two chip that you think to be a main bios and ec have a number ? or you can use the boardview to identify them if it's the same of your board
            what is the version of the motherboard ?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jasko_jacker; 07-12-2020, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
              IT8587E has an internal flash and has to be programmed. I doubt there is another ROM on the board for the EC.
              PLease see the pictures here:

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                The two chip that you think to be a main bios and ec have a number ? or you can use the boardview to identify them if it's the same of your board
                what is the version of the motherboard ?
                I do not have the Boardview of this motherboard.
                The Part number is P5NCN/P7NCN Rev: 2.0

In this board there are no numbers near the chips.

Thank you.

Comment

U1103 (the second in your pic is a thunderbolt firmware) the first (U3101) it'is the main bios , as #Piernov said, the EC must be programmed.
                  You have replaced the EC because it's externally damaged or in short ?

Comment

U1103 (the second in your pic is a thunderbolt firmware) the first (U3101) it'is the main bios , as #Piernov said, the EC must be programmed.
                    You have replaced the EC because it's externally damaged or in short ?
                    The flat cable connecting the power button had the tracks raised, nobody noticed it when they connected it to the board, so the 5-volt track touched the 3-volt track and caused a short on a track that runs from the battery to the IO, so this track I had a current variation, I tested all the components on the board that were connected to that track and the IO was the one affected. The motherboard was working before, it just didn't charge the battery, now that it replaces the IO, it doesn't turn on.

After replacing the IO, do I also have to save the Bios rom, in addition to reprogramming the Super IO?

Thank you.

Comment

In this board as in asus boards the EC firmware is stored in main bios . Usually in this case the EC is automatic reprogrammed at the first boot
                      I have repaired the same board and if I remember correctly it is true.
                      If you have the proper equpment you can verify.
                      Check pin by pin if you have soldered the EC correctly and if it receives 3.3V
                      Last edited by jasko_jacker; 07-12-2020, 05:40 AM.

Comment

In this board as in asus boards the EC firmware is stored in main bios . Usually in this case the EC is automatic reprogrammed at the first boot
                        I have repaired the same board and if I remember correctly it is true.
                        If you have the proper equpment you can verify.
                        Check pin by pin if you have soldered the EC correctly and if it receives 3.3V
                        Receives 3.3v.
                        I also try to reprogram with vertyanov and says

ITE do no respond
                        Check the connections and settings
                        MB Powered? (00)

Comment

What vertianov version you have ?
                          are you using an adapter between the keyboard port and the vertianov?
                          Last edited by jasko_jacker; 07-12-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

What vertianov version you have ?
                            are you using an adapter between the keyboard port and the vertianov?
                            I'm using the 3.2 version, no adapter.

Comment

Do the pins have a top or bottom contact, check youve got pin 1 at the correct side .
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Sometime a bad bios can stop the vertianov to identify ITE. I have the old vertianov board , if the ite txt configuration file is still used can you post it or check with schematic or with the boardview I have attached if the configuration it's correct or make a main bios backup and reprogramm it.
                                Last edited by jasko_jacker; 07-12-2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                  Do the pins have a top or bottom contact, check youve got pin 1 at the correct side .
                                  Yes. It's correct. Connection is OK. Only when I try to write the error appears.

Comment

Sometime a bad bios can stop the vertianov to identify ITE. I have the old vertianov board , if the ite txt configuration file is still used can you post it or check with schematic or with the boardview I have attached if the configuration it's correct or make a main bios backup and reprogramm it.
                                    I made this file from a image file, for this board, I saw in vinafix. here it goes.

P5NCN/P7NCN KB_pins=26 (JKB1) LEFT DOWN PD0=9 PD1=10 PD2=11 PD3=12 PD4=13 PD5=14 PD6=15 PD7=16 BUSY=18 STB=1 AFD=2 INIT=3

It's my first time doing this, maybe something is wrong in this file.

Thank you.

Comment

it is certainly not complete, I will create one for you

Comment

P5NCN KB_pins=26 PD0=26 PD1=25 PD2=24 PD3=23 PD4=22 PD5=21 PD6=20 PD7=19 BUSY=17 STB=8 AFD=7 INIT=6 SLIN=5 KSI4=4 KSI5=3

che if pin1 on keyboard is pin1 on vertianov.

Comment

Working...
                                        X