Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus P5P43TD Pro. Unknown Bios errors and no USB data on Bios.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus P5P43TD Pro. Unknown Bios errors and no USB data on Bios.

Hello there, I recently came across of an old Asus P5P43TD Pro Motherboard
    that I had stored for some Years.
    2 Pics here, more to come
    So I tried to making a working machine out of it to give it to a neighborhood kid to use it for school things.
    I Gave the board a close inspection and gave it a good IPA cleaning, all the capacitors are Aluminium Polymer Capacitors and noone looked bulged or problematic so far.
    Installed an C2duo and 2 Gigs of DDR3 memory and tried to boot a linux live usb and i run to the next problems:

1-BIOS, not everytime but most of times is getting weird uknown errors like :
    "Uknown Bios Error. Error Code = FFFF or FFFB or FF7B
    Press F1 To continue" (as i said that's not happening on everyboot but sometimes)

2-Auto Detecting Usb Mass Storage devices
    00 USB mass storage devices found and configured
    That's happening all the time, and I can't even enter BIOS with usb keyboard can't boot a live usb.

After encoutering those problems, i gave again an inspection and cleaned again the board and once again reset CMOS. Now the board is coming with Asus Express Gate which let you boots into a Splashtop OS just before bios and whenever you do a CMOS reset Express Gate will try to boot on the first power on.
    And then I Noticed that my usb is blinking while express gate tries to load and stops when motherboard goes to normal Bios boot. I also put a usb ledbulb on every single usb and it powers on fine even on BIOS. So somehow Bios are failing to initilize the data bus for the usbs.
    I started to believe that the bios was flashed incorrectly so I flashed the latest asus bios using a raspberry pi, that changed nothing.
    Does anyone have encoutered something like that in the past?
    Any ideas on what could be the problem will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Edit : Socket has no Bent binds or any signs of damage,found one photo here at my phone from back when i was inspecting it,but with closed bracket. Added also to the first link.
    Tried two different known working PSUs, the one at the moment powers up a Q6600 on a P5QC. No Difference.
    Tried 2 Different CPUs. C2D e6750 and some Pentium since it needs lower juice, no difference.
    About Rams, I Got a Pair 2x2GB XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1333C8 that are known to be working(tested lately on another system) that are not on support list but the previous version is and spec-wise they are exact the same. Missing other DDR3's to test that out.
    Tried those on every slot and single dimms, no difference.
    Last edited by razenxd; 01-22-2021, 08:07 AM.

Re: Asus P5P43TD Pro. Unknown Bios errors and no USB data on Bios.

Known good compatible PSU/CPU/RAM and no damage inside socket?
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      Known good compatible PSU/CPU/RAM and no damage inside socket?
      Thanks for replying and sorry for forgeting to mention.
      Socket has no Bent binds or any signs of damage,found one photo here at my phone from back when i was inspecting it,but with closed bracket. Added also to the first link.
      Tried two different known working PSUs, the one at the moment powers up a Q6600 on a P5QC. No Difference.
      Tried 2 Different CPUs. C2D e6750 and some Pentium since it needs lower juice, no difference.
      About Rams, I Got a Pair 2x2GB XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1333C8 that are known to be working(tested lately on another system) that are not on support list but the previous version is and spec-wise they are exact the same. Missing other DDR3's to test that out.
      Tried those on every slot and single dimms, no difference.

Will add this on my first post too.

Comment

You should still try with other RAM sticks, this kind of high performance RAM sticks can cause issues (with their timings and operating voltage). It may not be the problem but still better to exclude this possibility.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Okay so a little update here.
          Tried 2-3 different low voltage ram sticks that I managed to get from friends and I got same results as described on first post.
          Also Replaced the bios chip, flashed the new one with the latest bios from asus website, that also changed nothing.
          I barely see the no usb device detected message tho, but usb data still not working.
          Fixing that board is surely beyond my knowledge but Its a nice start to start learning things.
          Any suggestion on what to check next would be aprreciated

Comment

Working...
          X