Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

46pfl9707 : TCON replacement Region specific or anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

46pfl9707 : TCON replacement Region specific or anything?

Hi guys

I ran into some trouble with my Phillips 46PFL9707 TV and isolated the problem down to the TCON board. I eventually saved up enough money to buy a replacement one from ICCFL.com but when it arrived and I inserted it, all I got was a black screen when I switched on the TV. Even the old broken one produced some type of screen distortions when it was there.

Both of the TCON boards are CPWBK 4920TP RUNTK and look identical but they have a slightly different code written on them (ZE 118A127 is written on the old one) while the new one has ZH -something written in the same spot.

I wanted to ask, if this is some type of region code that means the board does not work in European TVs or something?

Re: 46pfl9707 : TCON replacement Region specific or anything?

Hello, maybe the new T-CON has been registered under a different display, try to put your display code.
    Attached Files

Comment

Why change a t-con when in 99% only the resonator has to be changed...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
        Why change a t-con when in 99% only the resonator has to be changed...
        Yeah I am not 100% sure anymore if the issue is with the TCON board. Now the old board does not work anymore.

The problem with the resonator is that I cannot remove it or dont know where to buy them online. Shame really? I am just down the road from you in Maastricht
        Last edited by spartantravis; 07-14-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
          Hello, maybe the new T-CON has been registered under a different display, try to put your display code.
          Yes I tried this as you suggested. The tv shows no response. I think the issue may not be with the TCON board.

When I disconnected the LVDS cables from the new board and reconnected them to the old one, the issue I could no longer reproduce the old artifact/garbled screen. The screen appeared black with only the ambient backlight appearing at the points of the screen where the logo and menu options would appear. The TCON board appears to not be connected at all now.

How fragile are the LVDS cables? And how are they removed on the TV? I had to use considerable force to get them out of the TCON board

Comment

There should be no force involved, lift the flap and they should come out easily, inspect the ends for damage.

Comment

Ah, these are not the flap variety where you lift it up to pull out the tab (first photo). I have never seen these ones before (photo 2 + 3). There is no obvious way to remove the cable besides force. I think it is likely I damaged them when remove them. I tried to unhook the black thing but I dont see how.
              Attached Files

Comment

Usually you need to press the latches on both sides and pull
                Attached Files

Comment

There are no latches on this one. It almost looks like it is clipped in like Ipods are

Comment

the black part pulls part way out by the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by spartantravis View Post
                      Yeah I am not 100% sure anymore if the issue is with the TCON board. Now the old board does not work anymore.

The problem with the resonator is that I cannot remove it or dont know where to buy them online. Shame really? I am just down the road from you in Maastricht
                      And it is not necessary to change the resonator, it is enough to solder it carefully, the adjacent choke gets very hot and the soldering of this resonator degrades

Comment

It looks like a faulty LVDS cable, there must be nodges like in the attached picture. In the second picture you can see two small buttons you must press in to release the cable, without those buttons you can only pull out the cable which will be damaged like the third picture, changing the cable will solve the problem.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                          the black part pulls part way out by the looks of it.
                          After 2 hours of poking around, I finally figured it out. The holes on each side of where the cable fits in have springs in them. I had to insert a small metal rod to get them to loosen the black part....

Now I need to find new lvds cables as I likely torn the other ones

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
                            It looks like a faulty LVDS cable, there must be nodges like in the attached picture. In the second picture you can see two small buttons you must press in to release the cable, without those buttons you can only pull out the cable which will be damaged like the third picture, changing the cable will solve the problem.
                            Ahhh they were missing from my old TCON board, likely because I broke them off when I had to repair the board a few years ago. I figure now that is why the new TCON board does not work.. thanks

Comment

okay. Turns out one of the pins on the cable was bent enough to stop it from working. I tried to trim the cable and check the voltages across one of the boards outputs to see if the cable was working. I shorted something, heard a noise and now the TV has power but will not switch on.

Comment

It's very sad to see a wonderful tv handled so bad by a not technician, i don't know the original fault, you don't explained, if it was like mine, good image until start logo then artifacts and shutdown, then the solution is a faulty 1,8v regulator on the FRC board...

Comment

Working...
                                X