Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primebook U13 keyboard pin 2v

Hi all,

I have strange issue with one rear laptop Trekstor Primebook U13b.

The problem is that when i connect keyboard flat cable and on pwr button laptop turns on and after few sec it goes off.

I assume that is because i have 2v on pwr button pin (without cable connected) and when i connect the cable it drops on 0.3v so basically it detects that the button is pressed all the time.

Measuring resistance between pwr pin and ground pin on the keyboard cable i see there is around 50k without pressing the button.

Also trackpad is not working at all (it has separate cable).
    In Windows (I'm able to boot in win if i don't connect keyboard) i see that two I2C drivers are with yellow exclamation sign (not working)

It uses IT8987E but im not sure is it problem related to the keyboard and trackpad or it is related to IT8987e because as i know pwr pin should be 3.3v.

Did someone have similar issue or some advice what to check or to try?

Thank you

Re: Primebook U13 keyboard pin 2v

Test your theory. Remove the keyboard and use metal tweezers to short the power button contact to ground.

After the logic board is ON, remove the tweezers. Does the logic board remain ON? Confirm it does for a few minutes.

Then repeat but leave the tweezers shorting to ground. Does logic board cycle to ON and then OFF?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Test your theory. Remove the keyboard and use metal tweezers to short the power button contact to ground.

After the logic board is ON, remove the tweezers. Does the logic board remain ON? Confirm it does for a few minutes.

Then repeat but leave the tweezers shorting to ground. Does logic board cycle to ON and then OFF?
      I did exactly what you say.
      So...
      After shorting with tweezers laptop is working just fine (board is working). Every time.
      If i keep shorted with tweezers it's cycling like with the keyboard.

By that it's look like that the keyboard is faulty, but what about voltage on power button that is 2v? And faulty drivers in device manager?
      Also trackpad is not working when i connect it without keyboard.

Comment

I think you can download the driver package from here:

https://www.trekstor.de/service-supp...ook-P13-3.html

Test to see if the I2C driver device is resolved with this package.

Comment

Thx for the link, but after installing the drivers the problem is the same two I2C HID devices have exclamation sign and trackpad is not working

Comment

Try the U13B drivers, @mon2 linked to the P13 ,they might be different.Uninstall all trackpad drivers first before installing

https://www.trekstor.de/products/not...html#Downloads
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              Try the U13B drivers, @mon2 linked to the P13 ,they might be different.Uninstall all trackpad drivers first before installing

https://www.trekstor.de/products/not...html#Downloads
              I saw that he sent me for P13 so i choose and download for U13b.
              Also i uninstalled the old one before installing...

I order a new trackpad and keyboard, and i will try them today to see is it keyboard problem or IT8987e or something else...

Comment

After replacing keyboard and trackpad the laptop is working just fine.
                Although, i still have 2v on keyboard high pins.

Thank you all for helping on this.

Comment

Working...
                X