Weller Wlc100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weller Wlc100?

Anyone have any experience with these? It seems a standard iron plugs into it. Would max tip temp be set by which iron you plug in? Digital stations always say max temp, but analog stations seem to only refer to max watts. Says it comes with a 40w iron. Some photos show a 3 prong outlet on the side, others do not show an outlet.

Re: Weller Wlc100?

We just purchased one of these from Mouser.com for use here at the school. It's nice to finally have a proper iron to do recaps with! There is a standard 3 prong outlet on the side that has a sticker on it saying "300W Max, for soldering irons only"

I believe all it does is vary the voltage going to that outlet to make the iron hotter. So, depending on what the wattage of the iron is that you plug in... well, the hotter you can possibly get. Honestly, though, with the 40w iron that it came with, I usually only have it at 3 or 4 (out of 5) and that's plenty hot enough. You will probably want to get a different tip with it, too, as the stock wedge one kind of sucks for recapping. It works, but a different tip would be much better.

I'm very pleased with how well this iron works, and plan on getting one for home as soon as I can spare the cash.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

With the iron that comes with it, you can use Weller ST series tips. They are cheap and like 12 differnt styles to choose from. BTW, Sears sells them in their hardware section for $1 less than Mouser, sales tax is cheaper than shipping. I am planning on getting one if they work OK. It comes with the ST-3 tip, I believe. The ST-2 and ST-1 are same style, but smaller.

Comment

I finally bought one of these. It works awsome even with the 40w iron that comes with it. You can plug any iron into the station you want. 3-4 out of 5 is plenty hot withe the standard iron, heats up quickly and stays the same temp. Good deal for $50 IMO.

Comment

I agree!
          Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

By the way, thanks for the tip on them being in Sears. I went and bought one there and save a few $, plus saved myself the aggrivation of waiting for it. Mine was missing the sponge that it's supposed to have, but I emailed a weller support rep and they're sending me one free of charge.
            Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

it semms that this unit isn`t availiable in Europe. That is bad, i would ne a proper iron too and din`t want to spend mutch more mony. This is realy

Comment

Working...
              X