X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60PK550 not going.

Ok attempt number two.
    Tv Model number:Lg Plasma 2010 60 PK550-AA
    With all boards connected in Television. I get the standby red light and intermittent closing of both relays followed by one quick click directly afterwards. When I get the relays to close I have approx 390v dc on the filter capacitors. When the relays don't close I only have 2 volts yet still have the standby light . What I have just noticed is if I discharge the filter capacitors the relays will close every time but it will still make the 3 clicks. Originally I had only 3 to 4 volts on standby but after changing the 3BR1565 JF Standby 5 volt Regulator I now have exactly 5.14v.
    I am certain my issue lies on the power board as when I run power supply on it's own I still don't get any other voltages, even with the light bulb in series hooked up too the vs and ground.I also hooked a 100 ohm resistor between pin 14 5volt standby and RL on but still no change to the readings.
    Power Board Number is EAY60968901 .
    P813
    1-2 (17v) 0v
    3-4 (Gnd) x
    5-7 (5v) 0
    8 (Error Det) 4.9v briefly
    9-12 (Gnd) x
    13-14 (STBY 5v) 5.16v
    15 (RL-ON) 0v
    16 (AC Det) 4.91 briefly
    17 (M5 on) 1.11 volts then disappears quickly
    18 Auto Ground 4.87 volts ???
    No VA AND NO VS Or M5V or 17V
    All Filter Capacitors reach 380volts Dc before discharging.
    Question :How come the relays are closing and yet no voltage high or low on RL –ON?
    Why does Voltage exist on the Auto Ground pin? Does that mean IC 701 is not doing it's job (submicom on bottom of power board)
    Is 380 volts too high for the filter capacitors?
    How can I isolate the source of the problem? No obvious shorts and all capacitors tested ok as do both relays.
    Attached Files

Re: 60PK550 not going.

Here are much more detailed pics .
    Attached Files

Comment

Have look here it will help
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmifFBrB8BM

http://tomtechtodrepair.blogspot.co....c-and-diy.html

Comment

Thanks heaps Cyberhack some very useful information.

Comment

Adrian if no response to input by others your post will fade to oblivion. So did you do the tests as above ? These tests are basically the ones on page I previously referred you to in training manual.

Comment

Hi Maxvalutech. Sorry for the delay,blew several components in the primary of the power supply including 5 rectifier diodes, 1 x 15 amp fuse and two NTCs so have just managed to replace them all.
            In regards to your Test points.
            Yes voltage is correct at main filter capacitors. The light bulb jig does not light up and there is no VS or VA Voltage present. No voltage exists on RL ON and when I ground the Auto ground pin, the power supply won’t even start. Both Relays appear to be clicking as when I first apply power there is 2 very quick clicks followed by one click, so I am assuming one of the relays is turning off again. Standby to RL On also produces no results.
            Standby(5.14v) to M on produces no results either. I am assuming it is going into protection mode but I have no idea why. Any other ideas, suggestions?

Comment

Working...
            X