Trio oscilloscope cs1022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trio oscilloscope cs1022

Hi guys someone owed me some money but didnt have it so they offered me a TRIO OSCILLOSCOPE CS1022 20 mhz dual trace if it works ok i hope i can use it on some lcd repairs etc and its more really to get experience of using a scope etc im just waiting for it too be delivered will update when it comes.

Re: Trio oscilloscope cs1022

Just had this scope delivered too me although came with no probes so cant really test it out i have found a user manual online and have ordered some probes from ebay

has anyone got a service manual for this? as it maybe worth checking and calibrating i guess.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261695702112

best price.

Comment

cheers stj there the ones i ordered luckily the other day just looking for a service manual now i know this is a old scope but its mainly for me too learn the basics on really i know it will take time and a lot of reading up on stuff etc but hey we all have too start somewhere i guess.

Comment

If its the Kenwood, check this manual

Comment

Yeah I think Trio = Kenwood

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/trio_ke...scope_c_2.html

I wonder why some fairly famous audio manufacturers keep their test equipment under a different brand, like Viz = RCA, though perhaps Viz never made a scope, though they made fairly famous Voltohmysts.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              If its the Kenwood, check this manual
              thanks rj yes its a kenwood says on the back plate the manual you linked is the same one i have already and is a insruction manual although yes it does say a service manual its not though i will have another search today and see what i can find online thanks again.

Comment

Hey guys does this look a genuine site as it seems to have the service manual i need cheers
                http://servicerepairmanuals.net/meas...ervice-manual/

Comment

Try this one
                  Its 21.5 MB and has the schematic, parts list etc.
                  Last edited by R_J; 05-22-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I will try uploading it again, its too big to upload as a pdf so I will rar it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

i hate sites that sell manuals they downloaded for free,
                      i also hate how they salt the search engines to try to mask the free sources afterwards!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                        I will try uploading it again, its too big to upload as a pdf so I will rar it.
                        thanks r_j thats the one i was after thanks for your time in finding and uploading it.

Comment

Guys have any of you got time to give me a crash course in seeing if this scope works correctly, i dont want too spend time on it if its faulty if someone is willing to help me set it up just so i can see if it works ok etc i can upload pictures/videos etc if needed, i am reading the user manual and watching videos etc on scope usage how to understand the readings etc, i just dont want too waste time if this scope isnt working for anyreason.

Comment

start with the basics, pick a channel.

stuff a voltage in - does it scale on the screen correctly?
                            can you ajust the trace frequency properly?

repeat on the other channel

Comment

cheers stj im just reading the manual again too so i know what switches etc goes where and just found this video that looks quite good too and explaines using a scope thats easy too understand for a begineer like me.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WFl...st=WL&index=64

Comment

oh - a beginer.
                                go to sites like tektronix - they have stuff to teach new owners.

also:
                                http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/tech/s...les/scope.html

Comment

yes complete beginer thanks for links stj we all have too learn somehow i guess and the scope was free just paid for leads so really just too learn basics with this scope.

Comment

I think most scopes should start showing a trace when freshly turned on. *most* ...
                                    Digital scopes or ones with computer controls may not, but most should. Since the CS1022 is not a computer controlled scope, it's a bit easier.

Most scopes should be able to pick up stray currents induced by the main power line oscillation, so you should pick up a 50Hz oscillation in your locale (UK?). Start with "AC coupling" on one of the channels and rotate the position knob so that the trace is centered. Choose something like 500 millivolts/division. Then also set you sweep time to something like 5-10 milliseconds per division (BTW, a division is the distance between the graticule lines on your screen): At 50Hz a sine wave will complete a cycle in 20 milliseconds so you should see a several full sine waves on the screen.

Set your trigger to "auto", "internal", "DC(or auto) coupling" - this should be most common usage. Set your trigger level to about center.

Then touch your probe on some large conductive item not connected to line power. You could touch the probe tip with your finger.

You should see some nasty sine wave on the screen. You may need to touch focus or intensity to get a clean bright sine wave.

Hope this is sufficient to test things.

Comment

Thanks stj and eccerr0r some very good information i will make some space tomorrow and set it up and have a practice.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                        cheers stj im just reading the manual again too so i know what switches etc goes where and just found this video that looks quite good too and explaines using a scope thats easy too understand for a begineer like me.
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WFl...st=WL&index=64
                                        Watch out, this scope that he is demonstrating with is a Digital Storage Oscilloscope (looks like he mentions it at the end), but your CS1022 is not a DSO. The behavior will be different: a non DSO can't hold or "store" things on the screen so if your time/division sweep speed is less than several ~50 ms/division (so it takes ~500ms to sweep across the screen), you'll see a dot sweeping across the screen instead of seeing a line. This is normal for "analog" or non storage oscilloscopes. At 50ms/div you'll see significant "flicker" but should be able to see the waveform.

DSOs are computerized scopes.

There's also some old analog storage oscilloscopes but I've never actually used one. I'm curious how they actually work.

Comment

Working...
                                        X