PSU fault KPL-L01 IC AP3041 TV Haier 50 "Mod 50YAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSU fault KPL-L01 IC AP3041 TV Haier 50 "Mod 50YAC

Hello, I have a problem with the PSU of the TV Haier 50 "same PSU as the Sansui model STY095 and other Models, I have replaced all the LEDs, two mosfet aod4286, check resistors, checked filter / inflated capacitors and nothing. Measuring voltage on pin 3 of the ic ap3041 I have 1.65vdc, but I miss that when I place the tip of the fluke the LEDs turn on, thinking that it would be a false contact, I rectified the welding but the problem continues.On the board is present 5, 12 vdc but I have raised the 30vdc to 33vdc. Any other help would be welcome to solve the problem.

Re: PSU fault KPL-L01 IC AP3041 TV Haier 50 "Mod 50YAC

Please upload good clear pictures of the whole backside of the TV showing all the boards, also good clear straight shots of the whole top and the bottom side of the power supply board.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

What voltage do you have on Pin 5 of th AP3041. The maximum voltage at that pin should not exceed 27V.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
        Please upload good clear pictures of the whole backside of the TV showing all the boards, also good clear straight shots of the whole top and the bottom side of the power supply board.
        thanks for answering me.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
          What voltage do you have on Pin 5 of th AP3041. The maximum voltage at that pin should not exceed 27V.
          these are the values that I measured
          Attached Files

Comment

I have also checked resistors, capacitors, schottky rectifier diode, but the output voltage is not 30 if not 33.1 v, today I will test the 817c optocouplers and also the TL417 with a tester that I observe online.

Comment

Today I started testing the LED strips again to discard if there were failures in the strip and take a chance, with a LED driver that I have from my old Aquarium I managed to turn on the 68 LED strip (divided into 4 sections of 17 LEDs each section and 4 led + and 4 led cables-) placing the multimeter in amp scale and the total consumption was 0.133 A or 133 mA, I managed to rule out that the total consumption of the LEDs does not exceed what the 280 mA card marks, now , seeing that the problem is the inverter of the source, when turning on the source without being the connector of the LEDs in the source, the voltage that measured with LEDs + and LEDs- was 82 vdc and decreases. What I could think of two things the source is sending too much voltage to the LEDs and it is protected (although the source says 30 to 120vdc) but when the LEDs are connected it has 51 vdc flashing the LEDs the protection is activated by decreasing the voltage. Or you have damaged AP3041 IC or some component (I would like to know which one) is not working properly.
              Attached Files

Comment

The voltage on Pin 5 as per your reply in post 5 is correct as per the data sheet you provided. The supply voltage VCC is well within the operating range of the IC.

The data sheet also says that Pin 16 (FAULT) is 0 volts when the output is in short circuit condition.

You also say "but when the LEDs are connected it has 51 vdc flashing the LEDs the protection is activated by decreasing the voltage."

So are the backlights flashing when you switch on. If so if you reduce the backlight level (not brightness) in the menu, does the flashing of the leds slow down?

Comment

Sorry Pin 16 is the Flag indicator pin not Fault Pin as I said earlier. See data sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                    The voltage on Pin 5 as per your reply in post 5 is correct as per the data sheet you provided. The supply voltage VCC is well within the operating range of the IC.

The data sheet also says that Pin 16 (FAULT) is 0 volts when the output is in short circuit condition.

You also say "but when the LEDs are connected it has 51 vdc flashing the LEDs the protection is activated by decreasing the voltage."

So are the backlights flashing when you switch on. If so if you reduce the backlight level (not brightness) in the menu, does the flashing of the leds slow down?
                    Hi Dick, thanks for answering, when I turn on the TV is that it flashes only once the LEDs, it is not flashing continued. When you mention that I entered the menu to regulate the level of the Backlight, I commented that I did not enter the service menu for two reasons first I do not know how to enter the menu and second that I do not know what parameters changed, I should check the main to verify how enter, since, this tv is a hybrid, distributed by Haier, made by Leader (another Chinese brand that I have no information about it).

Comment

To take off this headache, better buy a Universal inverter.

Comment

Disconnect the led connector and check the voltages you have on CN3. Connect you meter to the pin and chassis and then switch on. The voltage should peak at switch on and then drop very quickly. Does you multimeter have a min/max function?
                        I suspect you may have a led problem. Leds can breakdown when the current through it increases although they appear to be OK at lower currents as you have already tried.

Edit
                        I just read your post again which says, "the voltage that measured with LEDs + and LEDs- was 82 vdc and decreases."
                        Normally when the voltage peak and then drops is often linked to an led(s) problem.
                        Last edited by dick_barton; 01-15-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

LEDs externally tested with Drivers.

Vdc: 47.7
                          mA: 0,155
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by alextuning15; 01-17-2020, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X