Vizio M65-C1 - no picture, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio M65-C1 - no picture, help!

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to you guys for your help! With that help I was able to make a informed decision to replace my main board. It was a little hard to find, but a refurbished one eventually came up on eBay. It costed $150 with shipping, but that is so much less than a new TV. I put it in last night and all is well!
    I'm totally coming back to this forum next time something is on the fritz. Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaw3 View Post
      I just want to say a big THANK YOU to you guys for your help! With that help I was able to make a informed decision to replace my main board. It was a little hard to find, but a refurbished one eventually came up on eBay. It costed $150 with shipping, but that is so much less than a new TV. I put it in last night and all is well!
      I'm totally coming back to this forum next time something is on the fritz. Thank you!!
      While you were testing your TV, do you remember if the led on the main board turned on at all?

I have this exact same TV and by looking at some videos I noticed the main board has a led that should stay solid when everything is working properly. In my case, I have no picture, no sound, all voltages from power board seem ok. But when plugin in TV you see the power led briefly blink and start dimming off. While the back cover removed, there is no led on in the main board.

Given that all voltages seem to be ok and not fluctuating in any way, everything points out to be the main board.

I'm having a hard time finding it online from any of the major tv part sellers.

On ebay I cannot find my exact same model that has the same part numbers you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by hanswr View Post
        While you were testing your TV, do you remember if the led on the main board turned on at all?

I have this exact same TV and by looking at some videos I noticed the main board has a led that should stay solid when everything is working properly. In my case, I have no picture, no sound, all voltages from power board seem ok. But when plugin in TV you see the power led briefly blink and start dimming off. While the back cover removed, there is no led on in the main board.

Given that all voltages seem to be ok and not fluctuating in any way, everything points out to be the main board.

I'm having a hard time finding it online from any of the major tv part sellers.

On ebay I cannot find my exact same model that has the same part numbers you posted.
        Mine had this exact same problem, the main LED never came on, even the back of the main board had the same residue. Once i swapped the main board it came to life. When looking for a board make sure to go by the info that's on the white sticker!

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81088

Ken
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X