Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP 15-dk LA-H462P - 5 long 3 short caps blinks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 15-dk LA-H462P - 5 long 3 short caps blinks.

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    The part marked CGT is an ON Semi NCP81253MNTBG https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...54407f3dc3.pdf

See page 91 in the LA-H501P schematic https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=LA-H501P
    Thank you!

I put together an overview to try and best cover everything I am seeing. Hopefully this can help explain what is going on because I know there is a lot of info here. See attached pic:

I don't know enough about this stuff to figure out if the NCP81215 controller isn't enabling the ON Semi NCP81253MNTBG or if it's the other way around.

The ON Semi NCP81253MNTBG has no enable pin (386mV) and neither does the NCP81215 (0V). It seems to me, the NCP81215 needs to be fully functional to enable the NCP81253MNTBG so it can drive high and low to the dual channel mosfet which provides the power to the coil for VCCSA?

Take a look at this pic and see if anything stands out. I'm still a bit new to this sort of stuff.
    Attached Files

Comment

Another question, would it be wise to just replace all three components? The NCP81215 power management IC, the NCP81253MNTBG MOSFET gate driver, as well as the EMB09A03HP N-channel MOSFET? Or is there likely some other fault I'm not yet seeing?

Comment

check the NCP81215 voltage on pins 15,16,26,27 and 45 after powering on
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Here are the measurements.

Pin 15 - VRMP - 0V
          Pin 16 - VCC - 1.27V
          Pin 26 - CSP4_4PH - 0V
          Pin 27 - CSP2_2PH - 1V
          Pin 45 - VR_RDY - 3.3mV

I realized the datasheet I posted in post #11/12 was incorrect. The correct datasheet seems to be: https://pdfcoffee.com/qdownload/ncp81215-pdf-free.html

I used that to get the pinout to check the pins you wanted.

Comment

Well, I purchased NCP81215 power management IC, the NCP81253MNTBG MOSFET gate driver, as well as the EMB09A03HP N-channel MOSFET. I guess I'm going to just try replacing them and see what happens. I'll update once they arrive and I've replaced them

Comment

Originally posted by grimacelord View Post
              Well, I purchased NCP81215 power management IC, the NCP81253MNTBG MOSFET gate driver, as well as the EMB09A03HP N-channel MOSFET. I guess I'm going to just try replacing them and see what happens. I'll update once they arrive and I've replaced them
              +5VALW is missing,can you check the board for a part marked BTX***
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                +5VALW is missing,can you check the board for a part marked BTX***
                Found it. BTXCGB is on the component.

Pic:
                Attached Files

Comment

It appears like it might be SY8270CTMC. Could be wrong though. If I'm correct, pinout can be found on page 85 of attached schematic. 5.16V is present at the coil (PL302) next to this component.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by grimacelord; 07-20-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Ok. This is really weird. I went and looked at the schematic and searched for some of those pins you asked me to check earlier. I started with Pin 15 VRMP of the NCP81215. In my first measurement, I got 0V on this pin, which I now see how you determined +5VALW is missing.

Since I was able to measure +5VALW at PL302 next to the BTXCGB component, this didn't make sense. I went back and took second measurements of the same pins I did before and now, I get different results. This happened earlier while taking other measurements too.

Here is the second set of measurements from the same pins you wanted from the NCP81215:

Pin 15 - VRMP - 19.42V
                    Pin 16 - VCC - 5.07V
                    Pin 26 - CSP4_4PH - 5.15V
                    Pin 27 - CSP2_2PH - 5.15V
                    Pin 45 - VR_RDY - 5.3mV

Comment

Alright took me a minute to get all the measurements on the pic, but this is what I am looking at now.

It appears to me that the path of voltage ends at the ON Semi NCP81253MNTBG where it should be providing DRVH/DRVL (Driver High/Driver Low?) to the EMB09A03HP N-Channel MOSFET which would then feed VCCSA to the coil? Or am I totally misunderstanding how the circuit works?

At this point, the ON Semi NCP81253MNTBG looks like the culprit to me, but you guys know more about this stuff than I do. Any thoughts?
                      Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion there is No Point to troubleshoot the IMVP8 Controller Circuit meanwhile the Enable is Missing. You have to solve this First.

As far as i understand Pin36 Voltage of the NCP81215 is still Missing, or did i missed Something?
                        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                        X