ASUS HD 6970 memory chip faulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS HD 6970 memory chip faulty

Hello i have a well known problem with the old radeon card. Two vertical stripes on the loading screen. The problem is, of course, some bad memory chip. Unfortunately all programs software you use work only from the 7000 series up. Anyone have any way to determine which memory chip is it? There are 8 of them and I would not like to guess.

I think I saw a hardware method once. There was something like that you connected a line to GND and watched which lines went out.

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/jPa06jK

Re: ASUS HD 6970 memory chip faulty

check for trace damage

Comment

what specific trace? Everything looks fine. I have already done dozens of such repairs on the 700 and R9 series. But we have the testing software there.

Comment

Originally posted by ostryo View Post
        Hello i have a well known problem with the old radeon card. Two vertical stripes on the loading screen. The problem is, of course, some bad memory chip. Unfortunately all programs software you use work only from the 7000 series up. Anyone have any way to determine which memory chip is it? There are 8 of them and I would not like to guess.

I think I saw a hardware method once. There was something like that you connected a line to GND and watched which lines went out.

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/jPa06jK
        There you go
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ll_r1d0_ll View Post
          There you go

Thank you very much. HD 6950 has 8 memory chips. First, I tried with the B0 bank and it was unchanged, it turned out to be a defective B1.

Problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by ostryo View Post
            Thank you very much. HD 6950 has 8 memory chips. First, I tried with the B0 bank and it was unchanged, it turned out to be a defective B1.

Problem solved
            Great !! Enjoy

Comment

Working...
            X