Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X502C Weird Issue

Hi Guys,

Long time reader and now a first time poster as I was hoping you may be able to help me out.

I was given this laptop and told that the screen was displaying incorrectly. When powering up the laptop it was showing a green snowing affect at the Bios screen and then displaying a purple screen at the desktop.

Pictures attached

I initially suspected the screen was at fault, so this was replaced but I was still getting the same issue. So then I sourced a replacement LVDS cable but unfortunately the issue still remained. Just as a side note, I plugged in an external monitor via the HDMI port which displayed correctly and I did not see the original issue.

Does anyone have a schematic for this machine or any suggestions of what I could try next?

Many thanks

Mark.
    Attached Files

Re: Asus X502C Weird Issue

I think we can rule out the graphics chip as it got a vga port you can also try . I. Thinking it could be the components what on the way to the ldv connection from the graphics chip. Is there I diagram for this laptop in question

Comment

Re: Asus X502C Weird Issue

Hi Diesalweasel

That's my problem, I have not had much luck in being able to source any schematics/diagrams for this model.

I was hoping that somebody on this forum may have this or have maybe worked on these boards before.

Would it be easier for me to maybe post up a picture of the board in question?

Mark.

Comment

Working...
      X