Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aishi capacitors

Hello!

I often buy Aishi caps, and use it in various projects (nothing computer-related) and they've worked well for me, over the years. When googling around, I can hardly find any info about people using them. How come? Are these caps really that rarely used?

Any experience with Aishi caps?
    Last edited by Coconuts 500; 04-10-2012, 09:38 AM.

Re: Aishi capacitors

Sounds like a cheapo crap brand... But that's just me.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much if it's in basic, low-load projects.

Comment

You never did say where you lived - do you buy in electronic shops or on line.
        There is only a handful of mentions in all the posts on this site. I guess there are only
        a few or one or two of these on a board. If replacing the others, the few cents/pence more to replace these unknowns makes more sense than having to reorder if they are no good.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I have seen quite alot of Aishi capacitors before, and have never seen one failed.
          Although saying that, they could have failed without any visible signs.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdaydavies View Post
            I have seen quite alot of Aishi capacitors before, and have never seen one failed.
            Although saying that, they could have failed without any visible signs.
            Or they were in a low-stress environment...
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

All I gotta say is stick a capxcom in a cfl and see how long it lasts compared to an aishi...

Comment

My Antec Earthwatts 430D (first version) has Aishi caps on the primary, with APFC, and it's been running for years, with an overclocked P4 and 880GT, so it pumps out a decent amount of power

Comment

They´re also used in CFL´s, like the GE 9W one I just disassembled. 450V 2,7 uF, not bulged but the lamp doesn´t work. Not going to fix it though, was just curious how it looked inside

Comment

Aishi seem okay... they claim a rather optimistic 12,000 hours for their caps used in CFLs... pulled one with an ESR of about 4.5 ohms, so not so sure about that claim!
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hehe yeah, I got loads of these 10uF 200v ones from cfls, I dont have an esr meter but I bet a few are bad. Only one is bulged, but thats because the cfl was used on a dimmer
                      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                        Aishi seem okay... they claim a rather optimistic 12,000 hours for their caps used in CFLs... pulled one with an ESR of about 4.5 ohms, so not so sure about that claim!
                        depending on the circuit, it might supposed to have an impedance that high
                        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                          depending on the circuit, it might supposed to have an impedance that high
                          The CFL was buzzing and flickering, I think it was causing at least half of the problems.
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                            The CFL was buzzing and flickering, I think it was causing at least half of the problems.
                            I can imagine, and we got this cheapy cfl that my dad bought, I bet it wont last a year, it buzzes when turned on and is very very very dim at startup, I bet its got say a 1uF cap or likely inside xD
                            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I've seen them a lot in cheapo LED lamps (the ones with 20+ regular 3mm or 5mm LEDs).
                              They seem to just dry out instead of bulge.

Attached pic from a random ebay auction as an example
                              Attached Files

Comment

My general rule is that if you haven't heard of a brand, then assume it's bad.
                                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Just figured out that my sneezing sounds like "Aishiii" (I´m having a boring cold at the moment), so you can actually "hear" the brand .... Kind of ... But that doesn´t make it any good though

Comment

Now that must be where Aishi get their electrolyte from - the employees with colds sneeze into the cans
                                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

LOL

Comment

that type of led bulb is junk regardless of mfr/brand.even cheap caps will outlast china 5mm led's.
                                        Originally posted by Scenic View Post
                                        I've seen them a lot in cheapo LED lamps (the ones with 20+ regular 3mm or 5mm LEDs).
                                        They seem to just dry out instead of bulge.

Attached pic from a random ebay auction as an example

Comment

Working...
                                        X