Replacing Capxon capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Capxon capacitors

Hi I am trying to part rebuild my powerboard from my Tevion 47inch LCD Tv, however I am not sure about the physical size of the Capxon capacitors that I am replacing. Some are coded C708 or 706 is this a code for the physical size of the capacitor? I can not find any info on these codes.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Primo.UK

Re: Replacing Capxon capacitors

I find that the best way to measure the physical size is with a ruler .

But as long as the replacements will fit there's no particular need to size them precisely.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by Primo.uk View Post
      Some are coded C708 or 706 is this a code for the physical size of the capacitor? I can not find any info on these codes.
      That's the datecode on CrapXons. Your examples are from week 06 and 08, 2007 (format is C YWW).
      A ruler is the easiest way to determine the size. Personally I've recapped so many devices that I can usually tell the diameter and height just by looking at them lol.
      Common diameters are 8mm (roughly the same as a pencil), 10mm and 12.5mm. Larger diameters are relatively uncommon for most consumer electronics.

Mind the height though. It sucks to do a successful recap and then find out you can't put the thing back together cause the new caps are too tall. Been there, done that..

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        I find that the best way to measure the physical size is with a ruler .

But as long as the replacements will fit there's no particular need to size them precisely.
        Thanks for that Tom66

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
          That's the datecode on CrapXons. Your examples are from week 06 and 08, 2007 (format is C YWW).
          A ruler is the easiest way to determine the size. Personally I've recapped so many devices that I can usually tell the diameter and height just by looking at them lol.
          Common diameters are 8mm (roughly the same as a pencil), 10mm and 12.5mm. Larger diameters are relatively uncommon for most consumer electronics.

Mind the height though. It sucks to do a successful recap and then find out you can't put the thing back together cause the new caps are too tall. Been there, done that..
          Thanks Scenic
          I feel more confident in tackling the task ahead.

Comment

Working...
          X