Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung cable replacement

Lo all,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

I'm looking for a replacement cable from a Samsung SM 226BW - it's the ribbon that connects the logic board to the panel. The connector that plugs into the panel came apart. I might be able to fix it, but I wouldn't mind knowing if there's anywhere that sells them.

I'm assuming they aren't proprietary components, having seen similarly styled ones in other monitors.

I appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

Regards

GB

Re: Samsung cable replacement

Need a photo,have lots of spare connectors,and may have one.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I'll try and upload a photo this evening.

Regards

GB

Comment

I've got a FUBAR'd Samsung 203BW here. If the connectors are the same, I could send it to you if you can't find it locally or something.
        The panel-side connector fits perfectly into my scrap 22" 1680x1050 panels. The other end is what I don't know if it's the same. It's just a flat flex and on the controller board there's one of those weird flip-open-to-release connectors.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the delay...

This is the one - the connector on the right side, keeps falling to bits. I can't test it until my replacement power board arrives next week (the original board is completely banjaxed), but I don't trust it at all.

The ribbon measures 30mm wide and is approx 175mm long.

Scenic, the other side of the left end looks identical to your first pic.

Regards

GB
          Last edited by Gingerbeer; 06-21-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

My replacement power board has just arrived, and the 820u caps on it are labelled "VOE", with a small brand logo that looks like it says "samwha", and a smaller cap is branded "Sam Young". I'll try and photograph them when I get home - my iphone is terrible for macro shots (unsurprisingly).

Never heard of those before, but I think I have a bunch of Rubycon caps in the spares cupboard. Is it worthwhile replacing them?

[edit] found the website http://www.samwha.com/capacitor/

Cheers

GB
            Last edited by Gingerbeer; 06-22-2012, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Most members will advise .most certainly change the Sam Young......Ref the cable, suggest you take Scenic up on his offer. as I have not got one..sorry

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look, Rtech, I appreciate it.

PM sent to Scenic.

Regards

GB

Comment

Working...
                X