Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba NB200 Weird Problem

Hi folks.

They brought me a toshiba NB200 netbook which was not powering on at all. I am familiar with the bios issue on these NB200 and despite the usual symptoms are black screen or stuck at the Toshiba logo i replaced the bios chip anyway.

The netbook powered up, loaded windows and everything seemed fine. I shut down to put all the screws in place and after that again not powering on (power button not responding).

After various checks i end up with this conclusion: The netbook will power on once and work flawelessly, even perform restarts and shut downs but once i remove the charger it goes dead again. The only way to revive it is to disconnect the internal keyboard, power on (yeah it works all the times with no keyboard) and attach the keyboard without removing the power cable (you can shut it down or not; doesn't seem to make a difference).

I have tried 2 replacement keyboards and does the same thing so it's not from the keyboard and since the keyboard works when the machine works it's not from the KBC either.

I do not have a replacement battery to check how it goes while running on battery and its own battery is completely dead. The CMOS battery reads 3.2V which is ok and i'm in dead end with this.

Got any ideas?

Re: Toshiba NB200 Weird Problem

Originally posted by microservice View Post
    Hi folks.

They brought me a toshiba NB200 netbook which was not powering on at all. I am familiar with the bios issue on these NB200 and despite the usual symptoms are black screen or stuck at the Toshiba logo i replaced the bios chip anyway.

The netbook powered up, loaded windows and everything seemed fine. I shut down to put all the screws in place and after that again not powering on (power button not responding).

After various checks i end up with this conclusion: The netbook will power on once and work flawelessly, even perform restarts and shut downs but once i remove the charger it goes dead again. The only way to revive it is to disconnect the internal keyboard, power on (yeah it works all the times with no keyboard) and attach the keyboard without removing the power cable (you can shut it down or not; doesn't seem to make a difference).

I have tried 2 replacement keyboards and does the same thing so it's not from the keyboard and since the keyboard works when the machine works it's not from the KBC either.

I do not have a replacement battery to check how it goes while running on battery and its own battery is completely dead. The CMOS battery reads 3.2V which is ok and i'm in dead end with this.

Got any ideas?
    What bus is the keyboard connected to? If its a usb keyboard and you have more usb stuff connected internally that might be why it helps to unplug the keyboard. Try disconnecting any bluetooth/3g/wifi or other stuff that is connected to usb bus.

Comment

I have exactly the same thing with hp dv6 laptop, and had it couple times before on hp laptops. I didn't find proper solution for this yet and if someone on this guru forum know what is fault with this stuff it would be great.

my temporary solution is to assemble the laptop without keyboard, charge battery, and then mount keyboard. It works until both sources of supply are disconnected. In simple words don't remove battery and it will work

Comment

please I need bios for toshiba NB200-10Z

Comment

This seem to me like a power management issue. Is there a schematic floating around for this board. Best advice I can give t you. Try flashing the bios first

Comment

please I need file bios.bin for toshiba NB200-10Z

Comment

Working...
            X