X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

Score!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...L:COSI:US:1123

Looks like I might have a power cord to sell... other than having a little less zoom, thats actually a better unit than mine (it even has SD, and I have some extra 2gb SD cards sitting).

Good score for $30?
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Re: Your Best Dumpster Finds

Found two screens two days ago : a Samsung T220, not working, happened to be a shorted rectifier that had killed a few other components. Repaired it for nothing. Now it's back to life and it's my new screen !
      The other one is a Neovo S-19, yeah an old LCD screen from 2002, but that thing feels rock solid. It costed a fortune back then, $1200 !!! It needs new caps though.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuty View Post
        Found two screens two days ago : a Samsung T220, not working, happened to be a shorted rectifier that had killed a few other components. Repaired it for nothing. Now it's back to life and it's my new screen !
        The other one is a Neovo S-19, yeah an old LCD screen from 2002, but that thing feels rock solid. It costed a fortune back then, $1200 !!! It needs new caps though.
        Nice!

Never heard of 'Neovo'. Would be interesting to see inside (hint hint)
        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Well there's not much inside, just the inverter board and a rather large logic board full of G-Luxon caps with DVI, D-SUB and even S-Video inputs. All of this is is mounted on a strong steel frame.
          On the outside, the a neat glass plate in front of the flat panel.
          The original PSU is missing but I have found a 12V one that works fine.

Comment

Got an HP dv6810us laptop for free
            the 160GB disk was suspicious, so I put my 64GB SSD in it and installed Linux Mint 14 with Cinammon.
            Also, the disc drive does not work. I replaced it, still no go. Stupid nVidia probably
            2GHz dual core AMD, 3GB RAM, 1280x800 screen resolution.
            I have two batteries for it the one it had in it, and one other I happened to have.

Comment

Didn't know nVidia made disk drives...
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                Didn't know nVidia made disk drives...
                they make chipsets I'm sure that a failing chipset could cause disc drives to not work.

Comment

Nabbed a used Canon Powershot A540 for $15.

It was just the camera... But having played with the A530 I got my dad last year, I knew this was a keeper. Besides, my only working camera was a Kodak Bridge camera, which is a tad bulky to be keeping in my backpack.

Other than a few scuffs, it's in good condtion.

I attached a couple test pics... they are .zip's because I didn't scale it down like I normally do (to show how good/bad it really is at full 6mp resolution).

Good score?
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Of course it's good - it's a Canon

You can also run CHDK on it too http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

I must be getting over this stuff
                      Dog walking recently, came across a kerbside pile containing six system boxes
                      All containing fairly late model components judging by I/O shields with vertical sound ports, and video cards with DVI connectors
                      Kept walking, easily resisted temptation to go back with car and pick up more unsaleable crap
                      better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Of course it's good - it's a Canon

You can also run CHDK on it too http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK
                        I know... I tried it on my dad's A530, minus a different boot screen, I noticed no change. Not worth my time.
                        sigpic

Comment

There should be some more options than just a different boot screen
                          -David VanHorn

Comment

There should be some more options than just a different boot screen
                            It's been a while since I ran the test. To be honest, most of the claimed features I don't care about... for the really high end stuff I have a Kodak bridge cam.

I may try it anyway though.
                            sigpic

Comment

CHDK can probably overcome the "7 discrete steps" of zoom and give you continuous zoom (maybe that was the A530 and not the A540?). I use CHDK on my Canon S3IS, the battery meter is nice. It's a pain to put two partitions on my camera memory to set it up though. (Some of my cards are over 4 GB or whatever size where you have to do that.)

Comment

It will only do regular SD, not SDHC, so I'm capped at 2gb (not a problem, I have a few spare 2gb Cards sitting).

The A530 is a stripped down A540. Very similar (but they use different CHDK firmwares). btw, I still haven't gotten to setting up a CHDK card (minus reflashing my firmware).
                                sigpic

Comment

scored a sony handycam dcr-sr68 80gb for 10 bucks. they said it wouldn't record.... They had it in still mode. set it to movie mode and its been recording away. Quality is fair....nothing to get excited over, but for a quicky video and general stuff, it is just fine. Not bad for 10 bucks.
                                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                  Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                  http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                  Team : 49813
                                  Join in!!
                                  Team Stats

Comment

Better than my $30 mini-DV cam...
                                    sigpic

Comment

^
                                      The video quality of this one is fine for youtube stuff...but anything beyond, its kinda meh.....but what do ya expect for 10 bucks.
                                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                      http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                      Team : 49813
                                      Join in!!
                                      Team Stats

Comment

I FUCKING SCORED!!! Core i7 920 DO on craigslist $40 and a saphire 5850 25 bucks amazing!
                                        My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Niice!
                                          -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
                                          X