• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

Originally posted by Compgeke View Post
    Pioneer RT-707
    No way!
    Reel2Reels are so cool! My dad had one back in the days, but he never though I'd get into vintage Hi-Fi audio, so he gave it away to a friend of his. We still have a few reels left over, though.

Comment

IBM model M keyboard. PN#1394540 ©IBM Corp. 1984. feels nice typing on this thing.
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

isnt that a type-5 ?
        with the extra columns of functions on the left?

Comment

Nope, it's not a 122. It's basically a 1391401 with a speaker on the bottom.

The 122s are kind of cool though - I have about 3 122Ms and 5 122Fs.

Comment

Thanks to momaka for tipping me off:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121472145837...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'll use a can of KZG-be-gone on that and all should be good.

I also bought a pair of OEM (low profile) HD3450's for $12 (including 1 VGA and one HDMI spliiter cable)... and could have bought more (4 channel analog scopes for $100, etc.) but I was trying to save money...
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Another Buy-it-now score:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141289522992...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Apparently the 3ware ones go more than the AMCC ones... which are the same thing!

I have 3 9500's already- a 4 port with a good BBU, a 4 port one with a bad BBU battery (misplaced), and a 12 port that's dead (bought for the BBU).
              sigpic

Comment

^note... there's more availble... If you need a BBU'd SATA RAID card for dirt cheap, there be your place. Even includes (presumably high quality) cables.
                sigpic

Comment

2x Supermicro 865W power supplies (PWS-865-PQ) for $35 shipped. One brand new in box, the other missing 3 cables which I had to replace.
                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                  Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                  http://folding.stanford.edu/
                  Team : 49813
                  Join in!!
                  Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    2x Supermicro 865W power supplies (PWS-865-PQ) for $35 shipped. One brand new in box, the other missing 3 cables which I had to replace.
                    Lucky bastard...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                      Fixed the XPS M1210 mentioned... it doesn't count as it was a freebie from a friend (we trade and give eachother computer crap all the time)... but the Toshiba's 160gb HDD and 2gb of RAM work... although I have a spare 2GB module and I bet I can snag another one for peanuts (and I'll throw in an intel 4965 AGN and dell truemobile 360 BT module).

Cute little laptop... like a netbook only durable and functional (XPS but built like a latitude, mag belly and lid).
                      Updates with more scores:

-my buddy broke the Lenovo I traded and my attept at a repair was futile (lesson, always use hot air for SMD connectors! Always!)... he only wanted the RAM, so the 320gb 7200RPM AF Seagate Momentus slim that was in it was mine. I threw it in the M1210... runs great. Beats the Toshita... er I mean Toshiba HDD.

-As mentioned, I did have a spare 2GB module and for IIRC $12 or so I snagged another identical one on ebay. Yes, I did add the wifi and BT as well.

-cake icing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131283030811...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Got the battery (my 6 cell was blasted), so far I've been getting 21-22% wear... When it's $60+ for a NOS 9 cell (I love my extended dell batteries), I think for $17 this wasn't too shabby. Not too much scuffing either...

It's not very powerful but due to the compact form factor it's my 2nd most used laptop (after my main one which is a college workhorse).
                      sigpic

Comment

Picked up a free 1200W Champion generator with a screwed up carb.

Not sure what the engine is based on. It sounds like a Honda and looks like a small Honda GX120 but 80cc. If it ends up needing more than $50 in repairs I'll probably try and swap something like a Honda GXH50 or GX100 into it for shits and giggles.

Video of starting it on ether:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZrdF8fhAM

Comment

Picked up a free 1200W Champion generator with a screwed up carb.

Not sure what the engine is based on. It sounds like a Honda and looks like a small Honda GX120 but 80cc. If it ends up needing more than $50 in repairs I'll probably try and swap something like a Honda GXH50 or GX100 into it for shits and giggles.

Video of starting it on ether:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZrdF8fhAM
                          i think those carbs were recalled.
                          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Different model unfortunately. This one's a model C42412-1.

Comment

Last week I got two lots of six video cards each from the same seller, sold as not working, costing me around 50€ with the shipping, here's the content :
                              - Radeon HD5970 (Connect 3D) : works
                              - Radeon X1950GT : works
                              - Radeon 9800XT : works
                              - Radeon X550XT : no sign of life
                              - GeForce 9800GTX (MSI) : some damaged SMD components on the back, I haven't tried to repair it yet
                              - GeForce 8800GTS (Asus) : needed a reflow, works perfectly
                              - GeForce 9800GT (Asus) : needed a reflow, works perfectly
                              - GeForce 8800GT (TwinTech) : needed a reflow, works perfectly
                              - GeForce 7600GS (Inno3D) : blow up Sacon FZs, no heat sink, but still won't work after replacement of the caps and a reflow
                              - GeForce 7300GT (MSI) : works
                              - GeForce 6600LE : works
                              - GeForce 6200 AGP : needs some repair as well

So I've replaced my GTX480 (that I got in another similar lot last year for 22€) with the HD5970 since it's about 20% more powerful and a uses little less power, but it's a beast and didn't fit in my case. I have a few spare ones so I put my rig in my Chieftec Dragon full size case

I also won a small lot of decent laptop CPUs for £13, I could use a few of them to upgrade some of my laptops :
                              - Core 2 Extreme X9100 !
                              - Core 2 Duo P8400
                              - Core 2 Duo T7500
                              - Core 2 Duo T7250
                              - Core 2 Duo T5870
                              - Core Duo T2400 (x2)
                              - Celeron 900
                              - Celeron 550
                              - Celeron M 430

But the seller hasn't responded to any of my emails and I haven't received the CPUs yet, he's got a good feedback but it seems he doesn't communicate very well and is slow to ship...

And I got a pretty cool vintage Abit BP6 for free !

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                                Thanks to momaka for tipping me off:
                                You're welcome.

Although, had I known you were also buying the HD3450's, I probably wouldn't have suggested that 9500 GT. I know you were looking for dual-DVI, but HD3450's with DMS-59 connector are easy to find and could have given you exactly that, provided you also bought a DMS-59 to dual-DVI adapter (about $5).

That 9500 GT does have a bit of an edge over the HD3450 in terms of game performance, but it isn't that big.

When you get the HD3450 cards, though, run GPU-Z and make sure that they really are HD3450. Reason I say this is because the low-profile OEM HD3450 and HD2400 look almost exactly the same (if not exactly). Some sellers don't know this, apparently. The 5 HD2400 video cards I got a while back were actually listed as HD3450. But since I won the entire auction for $10 with the shipping included (thus making it $2 per card), I didn't really care enough to complain.
                                Just giving you a heads-up here.

Originally posted by SuperDuty
                                Last week I got two lots of six video cards each from the same seller, sold as not working, costing me around 50€ with the shipping...
                                - GeForce 7600GS (Inno3D) : blow up Sacon FZs, no heat sink, but still won't work after replacement of the caps and a reflow
                                Those bad FZs probably blew the RAM and/or GPU when they went. Had two eVGA 7600GTs taken out like that. The 2 FZ caps filtering the power to the RAM went bad, causing the RAM VRM to do all kinds of goofy stuff. This killed the RAM and the GPU on one of the cards.

Comment

had that with a card i recapped.
                                  it posted with artifacts and several ram chips were smoking hot.
                                  likely killed by vrm overshoot.
                                  Originally posted by momaka View Post
                                  You're welcome.

Although, had I known you were also buying the HD3450's, I probably wouldn't have suggested that 9500 GT. I know you were looking for dual-DVI, but HD3450's with DMS-59 connector are easy to find and could have given you exactly that, provided you also bought a DMS-59 to dual-DVI adapter (about $5).

That 9500 GT does have a bit of an edge over the HD3450 in terms of game performance, but it isn't that big.

When you get the HD3450 cards, though, run GPU-Z and make sure that they really are HD3450. Reason I say this is because the low-profile OEM HD3450 and HD2400 look almost exactly the same (if not exactly). Some sellers don't know this, apparently. The 5 HD2400 video cards I got a while back were actually listed as HD3450. But since I won the entire auction for $10 with the shipping included (thus making it $2 per card), I didn't really care enough to complain.

Those bad FZs probably blew the RAM and/or GPU when they went. Had two eVGA 7600GTs taken out like that. The 2 FZ caps filtering the power to the RAM went bad, causing the RAM VRM to do all kinds of goofy stuff. This killed the RAM and the GPU on one of the cards.

Comment

Sencore VC93 VCR analyzer with most if not all the cables.

Also a box of random stuff such as two Pace RNG110 boxes, a bunch of DC50X remotes, couple Netgear XAV5004 boxes, etc.

Comment

Sencore VC93 VCR analyzer with most if not all the cables.
                                      I used to have one of those. Sold it when I sold my service center back in the late 90's.....got pretty much what I paid out of it, this was before the VCR was extinct. I kept my sencore LC102 and sencore powerite II pr570.

Sencore makes very nice equipment!
                                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                      http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                      Team : 49813
                                      Join in!!
                                      Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                                        You're welcome.

The benchmarks beg to differ. I bought the cards from purdue university surplus; according to the number on the PCBs they're both 3450's. However, the benchmarks show the 9500 kicking them to the curb... however the 9500 has a bad fan so it's "on blocks" for now (I ended up nabbing a PNY 9800 PE 1gb from a buddy anyway)..
                                        sigpic

Comment

Here's a few benchmarks I did with some of my cards last year : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing

The first page is only for the Lightsmark results, ignore the other results listed here.
                                          If the HD2400 Pro is similar in performance to the HD3450, well the 9500GT is quite bit faster than both !

Comment

Working...
                                          X