Help identifying Macbook a2159 hall effect sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying Macbook a2159 hall effect sensor

Hello, been trying to find a replacement hall effect sensor and CAP value for macbook pro a2159. Cant find value on CAP nor The sot23 sensor in schematic. Sot23 is roughly 1,5mm long. Not sure exact lenght.

What Will happen if they arent mounted?

Thanks / Ken

Re: Help identifying Macbook a2159 hall effect sensor

Post the logic board # of the format 820-xxxx from your unit.

Post a clear picture to show where the part is located. It will help to find a replacement.

From a quick review, there are 2 such hall effect devices onboard. Each is to determine if the LCD lid is OPEN or CLOSED to respectively allow for the backlight to turn ON / OFF / place the logic board into sleep mode.

I would think that one working sensor is enough.

Does your logic board work to disable the backlight when the lid is closed ?

You should be able to use a magnet and move it around the perimeter of the LCD panel to mimic the lid closing / opening.
    Last edited by mon2; 01-23-2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Ok ��. Its 820-01598-a.
      Ill update with picture when available.

I havent noticed any problems without The one sensor.
      I repaired The board from liquid damage. If its not needed then its ok. Ill check What happen with a magnet.
      Thanks
      Last edited by Ken123; 01-23-2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

It goes to sleep normally and screen turn off when closing lid. Magnet dont do anything What i could see.
        Guess it only needs 1 sensor then

Comment

yes, I think you are fine with the single sensor. Being hall effect, there should be a sweet spot to test this feature with a magnet but since it works as expected, you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X