X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone!

I'm an aspiring networking engineer, who loves repairing stuff, really glad to be here!

Comment

Full_HD - I'm new, hello to all new friends.
      I am a beginner in computers and I would like to learn some training in computers and software. I hope you will help me with this. Sorry for mistakes but I am a beginner to learning English.
      All the best and Happy New Year 2022 to all Badcaps Forum participants.
      :skrzypce: :radować się: :radować się:

Comment

Hello,

I like to repair stuff, and I didn't know this forum was so interesting. Glad to join the family

Damien

Comment

Hello. I am bascially after help with my e7400 latop. Thanks

Comment

Hi, I found this forum because I am interested in GPU repair.

Comment

Hi how's it going everyone. I'm an avionics component repair tech from Atlanta. Stumbled upon this forum looking for schematics but I think I will stay for the wisdom as well. I'm still learning so I think this place will be a good source of knowledge for me.

Comment

Hi, everyone! I am Victor, a new member.

Comment

Hi i am Sebastian from Germany. Started recently to troubleshoot Consoles again after a pause of 14 years. and if its not consoles then its pro-audio related stuff i build. happy to be here

Comment

Originally posted by victoryu28 View Post
                    Hi, everyone! I am Victor, a new member.
                    I am in the US. I have been working in electronics device repair for about 20 years. I have some experience but my English is limited. I hope I can learn from you all.

Comment

Hai...

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi all! I´m still quite new to electronics and tinkering with computers, but I will get there!

Comment

Hi, I am Alan from the South of England and pleased to be a member of the forum. I am a software designer by profession and like to fix anything that does not require elaborate equipment. I have salvaged a couple of flat screen TVs by replacing a failed PSU board with a blown electrolytic cap. I've repaired car alternators by replacing voltage regulators/rectifiers that are a fraction of the cost of a replacement unit and cement mixer motor starter capacitors which provide starting inertia by introducing an AC phase shift.

Thanks to all contributors for taking the time to post incredibly useful information. I'm currently trying to save a 49 inch Toshiba LED TV that failed after limited use. It's proving tricky to fix as it isn't the power supply and is looking like a problem with power to the TCON board with the original MB. Symptoms are a white/grey screen with no set pixels. I managed to buy a replacement Vestel MB which is the same version as the original but strangely this doesn't fix the problem and doesn't even cause the backlight to illuminate, so looks as though someone may have sold me a dud, but I'm going to try and reinstall the MB firmware before giving up on it.

If I get to the bottom of this I'll try to post some pictures and description of nature of failure and what it took to fix it.

Comment

Hi, quick intro ... im a BSC in Electronic Eng, just doing a bit of tinkering repairing some TVs... mega usefull forum - thanks to all for posting and contributing. will aim to keep my posts updated.

Comment

Hi there,
                                very useful hints and guiding information. Hopefully [url]**************will also remain as useful as before!
                                Best
                                slightly_delayed
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-31-2021, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Hi Everyone. Just a quick note. Interested in electronics repair and I am awe-stuck at the amount of resources on this forum. Awesome resource! Thanks to all for their contributions!

Comment

Hello there.
                                    Just a dude doing electronics and electronic repairs as a hobby.

Comment

OB1 here Interested in board-views/schematics and electronic repair.

Comment

Hi people! Thank you having this site, i found unusually fast needed boardview.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thank you for hosting this great site, which has already helped me fix several of my old devices.

Almost forty years ago as a kid, I started playing with electronics. Then computers, and quickly started selling various upgrades to the good old 8-bitters. Loved programming, but still did electronics research and development for a living for many years. Now I have slowly drifted into embedded firmware development and DevOps, which I've been doing full time for something like 15 years - this luckily still requires a lot of hardware knowledge.
                                          In my spare time, I fiddle with all kinds of (micro controller based) projects and especially try to teach my (small) kids how to play with and master computers and electronics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X