This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi I am from Toronto and I am looking forward to post some threads about issues with TV's and other electronics goods and of course I will be very happy to get solutions in here.
    Last edited by Rkrio; 12-15-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Hi, This is Rick. I am here seeking help on and electronic device, E-MU SP 12, that has battery issues. I was hoping I could get help from someone here. Google brought me here.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Im a beginner at soldering & electronics, looking forward to learning much more in this forum!

My first repair was a Samsung LCD monitor it had a bad cap, it was a great feeling!
        Second was a videocard and it had a broken smd resistor easy fix

My third repair was a videocard too, it had bad memory solders, i resoldered them and it works! haha.

Comment

Hi, im Raul I'm a freelance IT guy in California. Hope everyone is having a great day

Comment

Hello. I live in Edmonton, Alberta. I enjoy attempting to fix electronics that are dead. Your site has great resources for that. Thank you! You've saved me time and money in the past and hope that I can contribute something to the forum.

Comment

Cherrio, I am Tim and I am in search of some diagnostic help for a toshiba 50hp66 model tv I was given with a video issue. I found this form looking for some insight to what my issue was and am excited to share and see if my tv is repairable or just a bust.

I am a family man and work in banking to pay the bills but love sports and tinkering and am fondly thought of as a kind of "Tim the Toolman" type for home repairs.

Comment

Hi I am Tim from NC, in search of some troubleshooting help!

Comment

Hi every one. I am a do it yourself kinda guy. A little help from people in the know is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi! My name is Landon. I love computers, scripting, and anything to do with electronics. I was an Avionic Sensors technician with the Tulsa Air National Guard. I'd like to start fixing Tvs as a hobby. I was given a Samsung LCD, and replaced the caps for my first repair job. I just bought a 60 inch LG and am currently researching power supply issues.

Thank you!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                      my name is János, I am from Hungary. I am interested in repairing nearly everything that runs on electricity. The main reason I joined is to share the knowledge I have and get help from others in things I don't know (yet).
                      In my spare time I like to fix Tvs and other displays, as sometimes I get acces to the thrown out ones at work.
                      Feel free to ask me anything, maybe I know the answer (maybe not)
                      Cheers, Janos

Comment

Hi, I am from Trinidad. I am a Physics teacher but I will say this immediately that I am more into the theoretical and more than likely cannot remotely compare to the practical skills that you guys possess. I would love to learn from you all if allowed. Thanks for allowing me in.

Comment

Hello all I'm Jay I'm do it yourself guy and we'll my search brought me here

Comment

Hello to everyone, I am Joseph, and I am seeking help, advice, knowledge on how to repair my tv myself if possible and thus I searched the internet and found this helpful site/forum.

Comment

Hello I am A new oldie, been in electrical/electronics all my life, started with (Valves) now trying to repair monitors.
                              Look a very interesting web site

Comment

Hi im me lol,
                                here to search for knowledge and help along my hobby repairing electronics..

I hope this is sufficient to get my thread up ...?

Comment

Hey guys,
                                  Steph here. Just finished an associates degree in IT-Network Administration. Currently working help desk Found this forum because my LCD TV broke and haven't found a fix yet. Look for my future post explaining the details.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am a do it yourselfer type of guy with some electronics knowledge but not as many of the masters on the badcaps forums. I love this site and have been reading so much and learnt so much that I would also like to share my experiences. I will be posting a problem I have with a Viewsonic vx2235wm monitor I have and maybe with the help of good friends, could get it fixed. It might help others with the same problem?

Greetings to everyone on the board!

Comment

Hi All,

I am a DIY guy with some electronics knowledge, work as a SMPS product design engineer at Hong Kong long ago.

Comment

I Want Consistent G31 Motherboard BIOS Firmware.

Comment

Hi all, my name is Arto Heino, I am 62.

I am an Artist, Writer and Musician where electronics, electrical engineering, and archeology are a few of my many interests.

As for computer stuff, here are my current hoarded units(not all working),

TI99/4a
                                          Commodore 64
                                          Sirius 9000
                                          Compac LTE 286
                                          8088, 286, 386, 486, 586, 686, PI, PII

I till use XP for my main computer, I have a working Win98 and a few Linux systems, besides running a Vista as well.

I have a great interest in designing my own computer based on Trinary logic and relays.

I have had my share of rebuilding computers with "BadCaps", I currently have a monitor that might have the same problem.

I am currently writing my second volume and hope to release it in a few months.

Regards Arto.

Comment

Working...
                                          X