Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netbook FOXCONN QBOOK

Hello,
    Motherboard is FOXCONN QBOOK-3G-MB with i945 chipset and Atom N270. I found one shorted mosfet in vrm, after desoldering I put on bench supply and I get dc led on for 5sec than off, if I press power on only 5v and 3.3v are present. Then I thought I should short Source and drain and see if I will get other voltages or something is getting hot. I put on bench supply and current is getting high like shorting, and the only thing that is getting hot is soldered Atom N270, any suggestions?

Re: Netbook FOXCONN QBOOK

Which MOSFET source and drain did you short, the MOSFET on CPU VCore? If yes CPU is dead.
    (although CPU may have been dead to begin with)
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I do not have schematic for this board, It is Q49. I have not press power button so cpu voltage is not present, am I right?

Comment

Post picture with the MOSFET pointed out.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

This is before I desoldered Q49, now it is empty. First I tried with adapter and adapter plug led was on for 5sec than off( i think it should stay on all the time). After that I have pushed power key and power led was on and there was only 5v and 3.3v, nothing else. I thought that this was the only fault and I put it on bench power supply to see if I short source and drain maybe I have repaired it, but it something was still shorting, and without pushing power key the only component that was starting to become hot was Atom N270 (it is soldered on the board).
          Attached Files

Comment

is it repaired??i have same issue

Comment

Working...
            X