TV160 LCD controller tester: Self-powering mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV160 LCD controller tester: Self-powering mod

So that this test unit can be powered by the LCD controller without requiring an external power supply (it can handle DC input voltages as low as 5V and up to at least 12V), identical low loss Schottky diodes were fitted (cathodes to D2 cathode, one diode anode to LCD interface Pins 1/2 and the other diode anode to Pins 3/4).
    On the LCD interface adaptors, the unmounted B+ diode and RC network for ground loop isolation was shunted to enable the LCD controller to power this test unit.
    Note that the Main B+ from the cathode of D2 is only connected to the inputs of DC-DC converters and nowhere else; D2 anode is connected to the centre pin of the DC input jack which has no other connection.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: TV160 LCD controller tester: Self-powering mod

I don't have that TV160, but know what it is. Personally I wouldn't do that mod, because you'd have to make sure that the power from the main board can handle that TV160. What I am saying is that lets say the power source is marginal, it wont power the TV160. The mod may be good for big tv's main boards... dunno...

Comment

Re: TV160 LCD controller tester: Self-powering mod

why not just tape a powerbank to the back of it??

Comment

Working...
      X