Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD32-270 fLICKING SCREEN

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me if those bulgy caps on thee 24v rail are responsible for a screen?, and if possible a schematic for the power supply G0281-18014240A or G0281-16014240A.
    Thank you very much.

Attached Files

Re: LCD32-270 fLICKING SCREEN

flickering screen, sorry

Comment

They need to be replaced so I would go ahead and replace then see what problem remains. Match the values ie capacitance, voltage reating and temp for each.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

G0281-16014240A Schematic .
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks

What causes a flickering screen?

Is it the high voltage backlights in which case I believe it's connected to the 24v rail or is it the LCD screen it's self? cos if that's the case I won't bother spending time and money on it.

Sorry, I can't post a video and a pic don't show the problem much.

Comment

The faulty capacitors are not regulating (smoothing) the 24V DC supply which is then highly likely to be affecting the proper running of the backlight inverter board. Capacitors are relatively cheap to replace.
            What is the part number of the inverter board as printed on it.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I'm not sure of the inverter board.
              An old lady down the road asked me if I could take a look. I opened the back of the tv and saw the bulgy caps on the 24v rail, so I just took the power board out rather doing a full diagnostic on the TV.

Comment

Thank you SMDFlea for the schematic.

Comment

The odds are pretty good that it's only the caps, replace all the ones in that area, many would replace all the electro caps on the board, simple recap.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-24-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Thank you.
                    Yes already ordered, I will replace them all and post the results.
                    cheers.

Comment

Well I changed the caps not all just the ones in the pic, the tv came on as normal no flickering, I thought great. So I zipped up the back panel, plugged in all the cables, went to switch it on again and nothing, only got a red standby led and that's it.
                      Checked for 5vstby spot on 5v, also had 12 and 24v with a red led on that don't make sense.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Strange, wonder if something came loose while you were putting it back together??
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-27-2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Well, I took it apart straight away but couldn't,t see anything.
                          I took the power board back home to work on but I'm thinking now I should have taken the whole tv.

How do you trick the power supply to start up with the power supply removed?
                          I'm read somewhere that could be done.

Is 380v correct for the main cap, I didn't change that. Just thinking that having new output caps might draw more current from the primary side, and if the main cap is drooping a bit might cause it to not start.

Comment

I've taken out this power supply again.
                            There's 5v on the standby so I shorted it to the on/off pin to power up the unit.
                            I now have a healthy 12 and 24v, main cap 383v.
                            I put the unit back in the tv pressed the on button got my 5v, 12v and 24 but the led is still red when It should be blue and nothing on the screen.
                            on/off voltage is 4.5v
                            I can hear a high pitched ringing noise, not sure if that's normal.
                            I'm not sure where to go from here.
                            Any help greatly appreciated.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Just an update.
                              I got hold of another power supply off eBay, T.v. now comes on but still
                              got the original problem with the flickering.

I don't know what happened with the original power supply, to me it test's ok.

Comment

Could be a problem in the backlight circuit, maybe just a loose connection or a bad led??
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-04-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Can we at least see the pictures of the whole backside of the TV showing all the boards?
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                  X