X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP elitebook 8570p dump

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
    try this and reply.
    I have the same problem dear Imran. Please help...

Comment

Originally posted by paratoner View Post
      I have the same problem dear Imran. Please help...
      Houston, we have a problem.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
        Houston, we have a problem.
        Actually, I don't care the bios password but the previous owner of my hp laptop computer disabled USB booting, too.

Comment

So what are you going to do about it? I dont see a bios dump file anywhere.

Comment

Can someone write a tool like Mazziff's to unlock Elitebooks?

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
              Will you please modify Maziff's HP Elitebook bios unlocker tool for more recent models such as HP Elitebook 8570p and so on? As you see, a smart tool can also unlock or bypass bios password too without the hassle of unsoldering the bios chip out of the mainboard...

Comment

Will you please modify Maziff's HP Elitebook bios unlocker tool for more recent models such as HP Elitebook 8570p and so on? As you see, a smart tool can also unlock or bypass bios password too without the hassle of unsoldering the bios chip out of the mainboard...

Mazzifs tool CAN unlock elitebooks but to a certain age. After that security has gotten just a bit tougher so NO, you won't get that level of comfort. If unsoldering/using a clip is such a hassle, find somebody who doesn't think so and pay him. If you need to unlock only one machine, this will be a cheaper option anyway.

Comment

I am waiting for a solution hopefully...

Comment

I am waiting for a solution hopefully...

But you have a solution. Read bios dump, upload it here (or use my HPUnlocker tool) and write it back using an SPI programmer.

Comment

Elitebook 8570p with a locked bios

Hi Badcaps Folks,
                      I have an HP Elitebook 8570p with a locked bios.
                      Can someone please make an SMC.bin file for me too? Thanks a million in advance.

My UUID: C334059F5BEDE2118833A0CC7201C073
                      SN: 5CB3280PS8

Comment

Re: Elitebook 8570p with a locked bios

Can you post your dump !

Comment

Re: Elitebook 8570p with a locked bios

You have written 11 posts about the same issue. Why don't you do what we have told you?

You will not get SMC.bin file from anywhere. You need to read your bios IC, modify the file and then write it to bios IC.

Comment

But you have a solution. Read bios dump, upload it here (or use my HPUnlocker tool) and write it back using an SPI programmer.
                            Is your unlock tool going to reset bioses? I can't wait to try it!.

Comment

You must be trolling..

Comment

For sure he is

Really not too hard to flash a new Bios with a programmer ☝��

Comment

Originally posted by Conste View Post
                                  For sure he is

Really not too hard to flash a new Bios with a programmer ☝��
                                  If I attempt to reflash my bios, Can I use Imran's bios dump instead of using my bios's orijinal dump? Is this possible?

Comment

Stop trolling. Is there a reason you need to don't want to do it properly?

Comment

Stop trolling. Is there a reason you need to don't want to do it properly?
                                      Let me make myself clear: I don't troll anybody! Stop answering my comments if you are unable to help or offer any tips or piece of advice. I have ignored and even tolerated your annoying and disturbing comments so far. I have had enough of YOU. Also,this topic is about HP EliteBook Bios Dump file. And I'm asking forum experts' opinion about my using İmran's bios dump on my own bios. Wherever I write something you pop up there.
                                      Last edited by paratoner; 04-14-2020, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Let me make myself clear: I don't troll anybody! Stop answering my comments if you are unable to help or offer any tips or piece of advice. I have ignored and even tolerated your annoying and disturbing comments so far. I have had enough of YOU. Also,this topic is about HP EliteBook Bios Dump file. And I'm asking forum experts' opinion about my using İmran's bios dump on my own bios. Wherever I write something you pop up there.

Because I have told you what you have to do and you just keep spamming about the same issue.

Buy a programmer.
                                        Attach bios chip to programmer.
                                        Read bios.
                                        Upload it here so somebody can modify it you just modify yourself.
                                        Write bios.
                                        Done.

There is no reason to use file from somebody else if you have a working bios which just has a password. You still need a programmer either way. Reading your own file is something which eliminates many possible issues.

Those issues could be wrong DMI, slow boot, no boot, error messages or maybe something else. Reading your own, modifying and writing that will just remove the password and causes no such issues.
                                        Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 04-14-2020, 02:01 AM.

Comment

If I attempt to reflash my bios, Can I use Imran's bios dump instead of using my bios's orijinal dump? Is this possible?
                                          Yes you can use that bios,with a bios programmer + optional clip if its not going to be desoldered.Always make a backup of your own bios. As @Rhetoricalcheese rightly pointed out though:

"There is no reason to use file from somebody else if you have a working bios which just has a password. You still need a programmer either way. Reading your own file is something which eliminates many possible issues.

Those issues could be wrong DMI, slow boot, no boot, error messages or maybe something else. Reading your own, modifying and writing that will just remove the password and causes no such issues."

Thats the advice from a bios expert (@Rhetoricalcheese),take it or leave it. Any more bickering and this thread will be deleted.
                                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-14-2020, 02:51 AM.
                                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                                          X