Panasonic TX-P50UT50E help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-P50UT50E help

Hello, I have this TV model and recently failed, not powering on and no blink codes. Following the troubleshooting manual, all pointed to the A main board. I found one in ebay Uk, purchased and installed.

Received this week and all working now, that would be a great success, but I can't change the TV language, the mainboard is identical to the mine but the firmware inside is from a UK model, the TX-P50UT50B, and all other european languages were removed.

I tried to flash the European firmware, but the board has already the latest one and it's the same number than the European, 1.267, refusing to update because the same version is yet loaded.

It's possible to downgrade the firm or edit the file on any way to make think it's a newer one?

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Re: Panasonic TX-P50UT50E help

I think you can go into the restore all section and factory reset it. Then do the setup you want. There you can set the language.

Comment

Hi, no, the reset was the first thing tried, the country selection is restricted to United Kingdom and Ireland.
      Attached Files

Comment

Researching more about, I'm /was stupid, the firmware is the same for all boards, according to this:

https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com...down_eu12.html

So, regardless of the times I would reinstall (if I had been able to do that)there is something that locks the device to the region (B) in this case, and prevents all the others languages to be installed or activated.

Perhaps some line can be edited from the service mode to change the region, but I dont know.

Comment

you might want to explain what / how you tried to do a factory reset of your set.

Comment

Hi, tried from the menu advanced settings "shipping condition reset" and also pressing the F button on the device side + power button. Both options started with the same country selection. Is there any other way??
            Last edited by ex250; 02-23-2020, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Update, gained access to a Hex editor on the Service mode, any info about this?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ex250; 02-23-2020, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to swap the Eeprom over from the original board if all else fails?
                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

perhaps that could be possible, but not for me, I lack of the needed skills.

I don't know what's set on the board to make the distinction from a B to an E version, visually they are identical, also the model Id is near identical: 09 02317100 vs 09 02307100.

Maybe some one with a deep knownledge of the Panasonic soft could help, because I didn't find any info about the service mode possibilities. There is some thing on any place that tells to the firmware what part of the software use to change regions.

Comment

how / where did you find the model id.... you need to see if you can locate it in the service menu. In most sets, there are usually other "pages" that you have not shown

Comment

The model Id is on the first image, in the fourth column, on the editor only there are that menus, Flash (Lsi-data), Flash (Fake Eeprom), eeprom Peaks, and Flash (Block eep) last one Flash Cam was empty, there are many pages of hex code on each one, but no idea about the address to seek.

Comment

ok... then go into that "service menu" page and try changing that value.

Comment

I can't, that section is not editable like on the hex editor page, I would do it if I knew where to do it on the files available.

There was a page, actually down, that seemed to have info about the hex editor on Panasonic, www.nkb.me.uk but not seems available since time, and I was not able to find the info posted there on other sites.

Comment

you have gone into each of the "sub pages" shown on the left side of that page?

Comment

yes, but there are only pages and pages of hex codes, no descriptions of what they are about.

Comment

Working...
                              X