Samsung PN60F5300 - 4 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN60F5300 - 4 blinks

After capacitor replacement on Y-Sus and Y-Buffers, I get a repetitive 4-blinks sequence from the main board. From the service manual of another model, this seems to translate to a software/logic problem on the main board.

There are two serial EEPROM chips on the main board. Does anyone have a binary dump for these chips? Is there any known way to reload firmware from USB (without TV interface)?

I noticed this board is used on multiple models of TVs. ShopJimmy also sells these chips individually but cannot confirm they are not just blanks...

If anyone would have insight, I would appreciate.
    Thanks,

J.

TV model : PN60F5300AFXZA
    Main board : BN41-01965 (PN60F5300-D221)

Re: Samsung PN60F5300 - 4 blinks

(replying to my own thread)

Got the code for the two eeprom chips. Now the error code is back to ONE blink! Vs builds to normal (208V) and then drops.

Aside from the 10uF cer caps and the ICE3BR0665J flyback DCDC DIP7 (!!) chip on the Y-Sus board, anyone has any idea what could prevent this thing from working?

I checked all TO-220 (Ds and Ts), all seem ok.

The screen is not cracked, this is the only reason I did not trash this thing in the first place..

Thanks and, Cheers!

J.

Comment

What symptoms did you have prior to performing the repairs on the Y-sustain and buffer boards?

How do you know for sure the components you used are proper replacements, as well as fully functional and did not make the Y-sustain or buffer boards worst? I only ask because I have a feeling that you may have been provided a bad component dependent on where you purchased them from or may have used an improper replacement part.
      What made you replace capacitors on the buffers? Do you have the original ones still? I don't think I have seen capacitors fail on these buffer boards before.

It is very rare for this model to have multiple issues. I have a hunch your issue is either still on the Y-sustain or you could have fixed the Y-sustain but have caused the buffers to be defective by replacing the caps with inadequate replacements.
      Can you provide us with more details on what was done previously. Without knowing the history of the set, it will be difficult to move forward.

It is my understanding that Samsung doesn't have blink codes, did you get these blink code failure information from an official service manual? If so can you share the information.

Sorry for all these questions, but some of the information provided seems unusual and doesn't have much back story which makes me very curious as to the history of the TV and why some of the repairs done were performed.
      I look forward to hearing back

Comment

First, thanks for your reply. I was out on more important stuff, sorry for the delay.

From searching the internet I could find the 10uF ceramics caps used in a lot of these units were prone to degradation. Capacitance can drop more than 20%. Pretty unusual for ceramic caps in my experience. I have used new compatibles (better) from an official supplier (mouser.com). My understanding is that one of these 106 in particular causes problems when degrading. This is the one used as supply capacitance for the ICE3BR06... SMPS chip. This chips makes Vscan from Vs (please correct me if I am wrong).

Regarding the blink codes, I found a service manual online for a similar TV. After reloading the eproms I got rid of the firmware issue (4-blinks). I probably interrupted boot (badly) in my multiple power-on/off testing cycles.

It is possible I have damaged something during my initial testing but my guess is (as you say) I still have something wrong on the Y-Sus board. I will try to have another look at it this week.

Thanks,
        Attached Files

Comment

Forgetting to answer your main question, the initial symptoms :

- The TV screen (not broken) says black.
          - At power-on, VS rises shortly to 200+V than drops to almost zero.
          - Logic board blinks the 1-blink pattern.

I have tested the power supply board, removed from the TV. VS is OK if I enable it via the VS-ON signal. Which leads me to believe the problem lies on the Y-Sus board.

Comment

Working...
          X