Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 50PA4500 Clicking troubleshooting HELP please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PA4500 Clicking troubleshooting HELP please...

Genuine thanks for such a quick reply; you don't see that too often lol. Also, I disconnected the board like you mentioned and still experienced the cycle of clicking. I already purchased a capacitor so I won't be needing one from you. Hopefully, it will be arriving soon so I can share whether it was a solution to the problem.

Comment

Unfortunately, replacing the C802 capacitor didn't help. Still the exact same symptoms (relay clicking roughly every 15 seconds and a brief red led flash). Any other ideas?

Comment

Success! All credit goes to my father who I must give credit for this pretty impressive discovery. We replaced the C802 capacitor a few days ago to no avail. I was about ready to give up on this TV, but I asked my dad if there is anything else we can do with the power board. He inspects it and sees a spot of bad welding on the bottom of a transistor on the board. We clean it up as the metal on the pin had gotten dirty, and solder it as intended. Starts right up. Lets just hope it lasts :0.

Also, thanks to everyone for any advice that led me along the way.
        Not a bad TV for the $20 I paid for it...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brentsky View Post
          It's entirely possible that the cap is still bad. It does not need to be bulging or discolored to be bad. The one I had to replace didn't look bad at all really. These aren't standard caps where the tops split and discolor. have you disconnected the board in order to rule out a shorted X-Sus and Y-Sus board ? If you have done that and the results are the same then i would replace the cap at C802. If your unable to find one I have quite a few. I can give you one. Simply cover the shipping cost which would be $2-$3 via 1st class mail
          Hey brentsky... do you have anymore of these? Mines a 223J 1250v
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm having the same problem as the OP on the same model of TV ;however, when I disconnect the right hand side board and reconnected the power the TV kept continually clicking at 6 second intervals

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
              Take a picture please close up and infocus of the bottom right of the powersupply
              Hi! I am BJ (new learning member) and have a similar problem. I change capacitor C802 although old one reading was at .o21uF. Did not solve problem and relay on PS board still clicking.

So I did the test shorting pin 1 & 3 and relay click only ounce at power up and then stayed normal. This would tend to indicated an issue with PA/PK/PU/PD/PB23A EAX64696604(1.1) board... Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                Ok so unplug the lead on the mainboard and put in your jumper between PSON and Stby
                Usually it's pin1 - pin3
                Hook it up like this:

Turn on powersupply if it continues to click over and over then your power supply is at fault.
                Its more than likely will be your power supply at fault as there seems to be a common problem with C822.

See if there is any evidence of overheating etc, as it's a known fault Id replace that first before purchasing a powersupply as it will more than likely develop the same fault eventually.
                thank you so much it's very very useful

Comment

Hello, I also have a question regarding the TV 50pa4500, my model seems to be a little different, the power supply board isn't the same as the one described at this post.

Also, when I plug on the TV, I hear one click, followed by another click from the relay (the standby light is on). The same thing repeats after I try to turn the TV on.

I've opened the TV back panel and disconnected everything from the power supply board and started to connect each cable and wait out for the second click from the relay. So I first connected the cable that goes to the main board (bottom right), I just heard the first click, so I've powered off the TV and connected the cable that goes to the SUS boards (top right), but with the YSUS cable disconnected, I heard only the first click, so I've powered off the TV again and connected the YSUS cable and I heard one click, followed by the other.
                  I tried to rule out the YSUS, so I disconnected the YSUS from the Ydrive boards, so I disconnected them from the YSUS, and the same double click.
                  Could anyone help me out?
                  Thanx
                  Attached Files

Comment

i look for solve the same problem....(relay clicking) then green cap on your board is c802 is it probably my problem ...because VSTP is 0v (200-206v need) and VATP is 0v (55v need) , the c802 is juste before t901 (this transformer feed VSTP and VATP.

Comment

attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by locksmiths View Post
                        attached
                        So have you changed-out the identified capacitor?

Comment

i look for a replacement parts..

Comment

i look for a replacement parts..
                            What country are you in? Then we might be able to direct you as to where to buy from.

Comment

i buy wima 0,022uf 2000vdc 700vac from digikey, the capacitor are tight fit , i extend wires and install it.
                              plug the tv and only 1 click and the screen power up.
                              Attached Files

Comment

i buy wima 0,022uf 2000vdc 700vac from digikey, the capacitor are tight fit , i extend wires and install it.
                                plug the tv and only 1 click and the screen power up.
                                Congratulations! You got your TV going again. That capacitor should work fine. From memory, I think it works as a coupling capacitor at either the input or the output of the switching transformer.

Comment

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread, but I just got the tv.
                                  I am trying to fix it, but couldn't find the exact capacitor.
                                  Can I use 2x 8.5nF 2kV or 3x 8.5nF 2kV to swap the C802?

Thanks heaps,
                                  Gerry

Comment

You need a 223j 2000v capacitor (.022uf 2000v) .
                                    Ebay has tons of them

Comment

Working...
                                    X