PN43D450A2DXZA Samsung Plasma DEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN43D450A2DXZA Samsung Plasma DEAD

Hi ya'll I got a tv that is completely dead here. I opened the back to see bulging caps on the psu. Anybody have any good prices for some high quality low esr caps for this sucker?
    Attached Files

Re: PN43D450A2DXZA Samsung Plasma DEAD

There is this little fet on the motherboard that is reaching a temp of 170 Fahrenheit with 30seconds of being plugged in. I replaced the one bulging cap but now do I need a new mainboard?
    Attached Files

Comment

I bought A used motherboard on E-bay will report back.

Comment

If one has visually failed, chances are they are all near end of life and out of spec.
        You'd be better off replacing the rest of the caps than replacing with an aged board with aged caps.

Comment

Yes Sir I Actually plan on doing that I just want to verify the set works then I will try my luck on ebay low esr caps ya know? I will replace caps with proper spec and low esr and new when set is proven to be worth putting money into sir. I bought a new mainboard not psu as there was a shorted fet on the motherboard that would reach like 170 farenheit just plugged in for 30 seconds. So I bought a used cheap modbo on ebay. I will update you guys.

Comment

You can run the test patterns to see if the tv works or not.

Comment

I will do that when it turns on

Comment

When you are running the test patterns, you are not using the mainboard. This test will prove if the mainboard is good or not. Why not replace every board in the tv to make sure it doesn't have a bad panel....cause it's a waste of money. Am I right? If you don't want to take our advice then why bother.

Comment

Ok I'm sorry to come off like that I don't know plasmas so I'm wondering how to run a test pattern.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...461#post318461

Comment

I will do that soon and report back sir thank you.

Comment

Update is that the replacement motherboard did the trick. Now it's working great now I'm just gonna put the proper value low esr caps in the psu and bob's ur uncle. Thanks for all your guys help.
                        Last edited by Super360; 12-16-2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I knew it was the motherboard because one of the mosfets in my second post on this thread shows right above hdmi 2. It was getting so hot that it would burn my hands just being plugged in. It had to be shorted. My fix was a $10 used ebay motherboard on ebay good deal and it worked a treat. Now I'm just gonna do some preventive maintmance and replace some of the caps I feel are important ie standby psu caps.

Comment

A little update I got this set working with a new motherboard and replacing some capacitors. Working great now playing dawn of dead lol .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Working...
                              X