Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutec LCD 3201 (NUE 3201)

Hi all,

Yes, it is me here in Australia again, seeking any assistance if it is available...cheers

I have searched the forum for any previous threads on this model television, but have been unable to find any to date.

It is an older model, however has been an old faithful for a long time.

The tv, when powered on, only shows the red power led light indicating it has power, but will not respond to any remote control codes, nor will it respond to the side mounted menu and other buttons on it.

I imagine it may be bad caps or something to do with a power supply, but I have not yet removed the back panel to take a look.

I have however read the Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

and will look at those suggestions and call back here for help in the meantime if I can't see any damage to any caps etc.

I have googled all day looking for any remote service codes as well as a manual that may assist, but have been unsuccessful to date.

If anyone has had any experience with this television, and have any advice, then it sure would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Re: Nutec LCD 3201 (NUE 3201)

You probably already did the simple crap, like unplug for 15 minutes then try it or unplug tv hold in power button on tv for a minute then plug in and try it.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      You probably already did the simple crap, like unplug for 15 minutes then try it or unplug tv hold in power button on tv for a minute then plug in and try it.
      Yes I did thanks

Comment

Nothing appears on a quick search of the internet for that set so it looks like some photo's of your circuit boards would prove useful.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Failing something simple probably need to take the back cover off, look for obvious things first, bulging caps etc: test the voltages at the connector on the powerboard with EVERYTHING hooked up, it's the connector that the cable from powerboard to mainboard hooks into, most times there's a legend/map nearby that gives the expected voltages, you measure them with your mutimeter, set meter to 20 vdc then report them, put neg probe on chassis metal ground, pos probe on pin of connector, measure in standby take note, leave probes where they are then power on tv and again take note of voltages, report them here, example pin 1-ps-on-0 volts standby-power on-3.3 volts.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-27-2021, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Simple voltage testing there for anyone who may need it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v8DcqCNG4A

Comment

Hi,
              I have removed the back panel, and here are some shots of the inside.

I cannot see any damage, and am hoping you may be able to identify some parts from these photos, as well as some checking I could do?

Many thanks as usual, and I shall watch the video as instructed.

Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

See the legend of voltages in picture #7, do the test in post #5 on the connector right there and report the voltages both in standby and when you turn it on, if it doesn't power on then just report the voltages it has in standby.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-04-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Can you post a full photo of your power supply board. I see there's an inverter board so perhaps a photo of the connection back on the power supply would be useful.

Edit
                  It looks like the upper connectors are the 24V supply to the inverter board. Have you checked you have 24V?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by dick_barton; 03-05-2021, 08:01 AM.
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I have not tested the voltages yet...some photo's of the p/s
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X