Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS Tuf Fx505dd rev2. Does not start up, does not charge the battery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS Tuf Fx505dd rev2. Does not start up, does not charge the battery.

At the beginning, as a new user, he would like to welcome the group of forum users. I hope you will help.

The topic concerns
    Model: Asus TUF Gaming FX505DT
    Platform: FX505DD rev 2.0
    Processor: Ryzen 5 3550H YM3500C4T4MFG
    Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1650 N18P-G0-A1
    KBC: IT8987E
    BIOS chip: MX25U12873

In the laptop, after connecting the power supply, only the keyboard is illuminated.
    No reaction to the switch, no diodes light, no battery charging.

Current consumption after applying voltage 0.04A without frames and batteries. Slightly warm CPU.

In my opinion, coils without description have good resistance to ground, so I did not select it.
    Transistors checked. No short circuits.

What else can I check? Please note that I do not have extensive experience in repairing plates.
    Greetings.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by alb3rt121; 03-08-2022, 12:17 PM.

Re: ASUS Tuf Fx505dd rev2. Does not start up, does not charge the battery.

Can you toggle capslock on extern keyboard?

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have a keyboard now.
      On another forum I was told that the CPU might be damaged
      Last edited by alb3rt121; 03-08-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Or you can use an usb mouse or usbstick too or internal keyboard. If it doesn't react then it is probably bios issue.

Comment

The voltage on the USB port is not present. I checked in the diagram where the control signal for the power transistor comes from. It comes with the CPU

Comment

The i would try to flash bios but make sure you keep your original dump. I would try first to clean me region of your original dump.

Comment

I have already flashed the bios from Asus website once. Without result.

I also noticed that pressing the ON button causes the voltage on the IT 107 leg to drop from 3.5V to 3.2V
              Last edited by alb3rt121; 03-08-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

If it's not turning on, just follow basic steps to diagnose. Start with dc-in mosfets, check the voltage on gate(pin4) of mosfet, then proceed to check whether +19V is present on CLR. If yes, then proceed to 3V/5V PWM ic and check whether +3V LDO/+5V LDO is present or not. If +3V LDO is not present, your kbc is not powered, so it'll remain dead.

Update us about the findings.

Comment

Measurement

CLR +19v- Present
                  LDO +3v - Not preset. I can't find where it comes from

Comment

I found a pwm controller.
                    Measurements in the attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alb3rt121 View Post
                      Measurement

CLR +19v- Present
                      LDO +3v - Not preset. I can't find where it comes from
                      Pin3 of RT6575B is your 3V LDO. Going by your measurements, its present.

Comment

Current consumption after applying voltage 0.04A without frames and batteries. Slightly warm CPU.

Is your dc supply 3 digit or 4 digit?? If it's 3 digit, then consumption is 40mA-so something must be slightly hot.As per your observation, its cpu which is getting hot-not a good sign.

Measure resistance on each and evry coil .

Comment

My power supply is 4 digit (0.000). After put voltage to motherboard 0.045A
                          The measurements are in the attachment.

Coil at CMOS battery - 122 ohms. I forgot to add in the photo
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by alb3rt121; 03-12-2022, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Locate the dc-dc converter ic for +3V/+5V to +3VS/+5VS and check resistance on ALW as well VS side of this converter. Something is not hot?? Consumption at 45mA is abnormal in standby. I doubt mb is perhaps partially switching as u got kbd backlit which is not powered by ALW rail.

Comment

The CPU is slightly warm, as I said, but not hot.
                              I will check the converters as soon as I can. I will let you know about the results.
                              I would like to know why there is a low resistance of 0.9 ohm on the GPU power supply. This is normal?

Comment

You mean + 3VSUS + 5VSUS?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Can such symptoms be caused by a damaged SIO?
                                  I noticed that on IT there is no 3.3V on legs 11, 83.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by alb3rt121; 03-13-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Unable to locate the schematic for the FX505DD but have the FX505DU in the (paid) locked database.

1) Is FX505DU similar to your logic board ?

2) Are you using the recommended 150W power supply ?

3) Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode.

Check if the first 2 mosfets are damaged or not with resistance checks.

Meter in 2k scale (or similar).

Check the resistance of:

source (1-2-3) & drain (5-6-7-8)
                                    source (1-2-3) & gate (4)
                                    gate(4) & drain (5-6-7-8)

Post the readings. Checking for low resistance readings = defective mosfet.

Check both of the first 2 mosfets - see attached.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank You for help.

1. The schematic of the Fx505DU is the closest to the DD.
                                      2. I use oryginał 150W power sipply.

I will let you know when I take the measurements.

I am attaching the diagram of the FX505DU board
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by alb3rt121; 03-13-2022, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I just found out how MOSFET works using diode and resistance mode. lol. By the way, I found a MOSFET with a low resistance between G and S. This is the VVT and DDR power supply (I don't know what VVT is) After the measurements, it turned out that the U8300A chip
                                        RT8231BGQW legs 16, 17 are mosfet controlled. The IC didn't look very good, it had changed color like burnt. I have ordered parts so I will reply soon. May it work.

Comment

Working...
                                        X