Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diagnosis of a 40AO2USB TV that's stuck in Standby

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
    cheeky2 slightly of topic just saw you sell used boards on ebay i have been selling used ones from cracked sceen sets i have tested as working etc im finding people are buying mine too fault find there own say a psu they buy mine put it in there tv and find out its a mainboard issue instead then request a refund saying mines defective or faulty (which it isnt) and ebay back the buyer up have you found a way around this issue? as im usually out of pocket after paying return postage etc.
    I tried selling boards, but not interested in providing a testing service, and losing money on shipping. I have so many boards that I need to get rid of. I am thinking of posting them as " non-functioning for parts only". Reducing profit, but also headaches. And in description that they are not physically damaged and most likely in working order, just untested.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      I tried selling boards, but not interested in providing a testing service, and losing money on shipping. I have so many boards that I need to get rid of. I am thinking of posting them as " non-functioning for parts only". Reducing profit, but also headaches. And in description that they are not physically damaged and most likely in working order, just untested.
      I have been offered loads of smashed screen sets for free some even 4k i have been turning them down, i would guess power and mainboards would be fine too re sell, stands/remotes always sell, like you say i may start collecting them build a supply and word add like you say (they are not physically damaged and most likely in working order, just untested)
      I have just been offered another 42 lg smart tv with stand and remote im not sure whats wrong with it collecting in the morning (add said screen not damaged) only 10 mins away from my home.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
        Best way I have found is take a picture of the broken screen with picture of it powered up clearly showing damaged screen.
        Then clearly state in description sold as spares or repairs as unable to fully test.
        Understandably people are suspicious of anyone just selling a potentially non working board without board seen working. Where as someone who makes the effort of showing at least part functionality of the TV will likely certainly get a better response from selling it.
        I regularly sell untested boards on ebay from TV screens broken as spares or repairs clearly stating unable to fully test as unable to see the screen image. If your honest with your details and you have good feedback then buyers can be reassured that the boards will be good. A small percentage will not be 100% but if you price that accordingly then you will have buyers for them.
        The key thing is how quick do you wish to shift them and price them accordingly!

I must say this is a little off topic! OH well Happy Christmas
        I hope you all have a Great New Year
        Last edited by cheeky2; 12-17-2021, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X