ViewSonic VA1703wb - Hot Area - Can I Replace FSDM0565R with an FSQ0456R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ViewSonic VA1703wb - Hot Area - Can I Replace FSDM0565R with an FSQ0456R

As the title says the FPS 0565R blow up and I found another similar in a 22" lcd monitor. Comparing the datasheets looks like the later one can manage more voltage or at least they acomplish the same goal in the circuit. One technician said to me that I can find the same replacement but if I solder it it's gonna blow because there's collateral damage (like a chain reaction). I tested the diodes with 3 legs on the bottom and they are OK. Only the caps are inflated (lol) but that's an easy job. What do you think? (English isn't my first language as you can see)

IMGUR Album with more detail: https://imgur.com/a/W8h5XOW

Thanks for your time and patience, great forums.

Regards.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by leotron; 05-08-2022, 02:52 PM.

Re: ViewSonic VA1703wb - Hot Area - Can I Replace FSDM0565R with an FSQ0456R

Here are the datasheet's values for comparison, three images from the original component and the other three for the replacement.
    Attached Files

Comment

I sent you PM message
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
        I sent you PM message
        Thank you sam, you are a godsend, what I understood from the PM it's I should check the areas in the red circle. Acording to my non-expertise the green ones are good and the principal transformer in orange it's another to check it out. I don't know what to do with the grey ones it's just a small transformer with an bridge rectifier.

Thanks a lot and regards.
        Attached Files

Comment

Like I said earlier in the PM that I sent you need a ring tester to test the switching transformer to see if it is shorted or it could be that the switching power supply regulator just failed because of a power surge but like said earlier in the PM I sent would recommend that you use a 100 watt incandescent light bulb ( in place of the fuse ) after you replace the switching power supply regulator and it should be very bright for a moment then dim down to almost nothing if you turn on the monitor and it works correctly that would be great if it keeps restarting then use a 200 watt incandescent light and see if it stops restarting if so then try running with out the incandescent light bulb and see if works correctly

One note about using the ring tester on this type of switching transformer if it is the auxiliary power winding or a winding that has very few winding turns the ring tester might give you a false result and show it as a short and it might not be
          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-13-2022, 11:24 AM.
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
          10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
          6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
          1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
          25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
          6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply
          1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
          2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
          All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Thank you so much sam sam, you should post the PM because it's very interesting.

Now I'm at the lowest and I can't get a incandescent light bulb, I have an resistance from an electric pot or a transformer 220v ~ 9v AC @ 2A with a 12v car light lamp. Can I use those? Anyways I will get a 150w incandesent tube for the reflector for my yards.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
              Like I said earlier in the PM that I sent you need a ring tester to test the switching transformer to see if it is shorted or it could be that the switching power supply regulator just failed because of a power surge but like said earlier in the PM I sent would recommend that you use a 100 watt incandescent light bulb ( in place of the fuse ) after you replace the switching power supply regulator and it should be very bright for a moment then dim down to almost nothing if you turn on the monitor and it works correctly that would be great if it keeps restarting then use a 200 watt incandescent light and see if it stops restarting if so then try running with out the incandescent light bulb and see if works correctly

One note about using the ring tester on this type of switching transformer if it is the auxiliary power winding or a winding that has very few winding turns the ring tester might give you a false result and show it as a short and it might not be
              hello sam, i tested the monitor with a 75w lightbulb and I got just a pulse, lets say of 50~100v AC for a sec, i'm using 220v ac in my country so I know from experience a lamp connected in series, it was a very quick flash but not too bright, the monitor didn't start up.

kind regards

Comment

Working...
              X