Samsung LE40B620R3W shuts down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LE40B620R3W shuts down

Seems like you verified backlights and powerboard in your first post, maybe unplug lvds cable from mainboard to tcon, with tv unplugged, leave cable unplugged, plug tv back in to mains, turn it on, see if it still shuts down.

Comment

if a mainboard is cheap i would certainly try a replacement one.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        if a mainboard is cheap i would certainly try a replacement one.
        +10

Comment

Found a main board on ebay for £23 with all the numbers matching the old board. Everything seems to be ok now with the bonus of having a UK tuner, the old one was locked on Hong Kong region with no other options so the clock was always a few hours out on the guide which was very annoying.

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukdigger View Post
              Found a main board on ebay for £23 with all the numbers matching the old board. Everything seems to be ok now with the bonus of having a UK tuner, the old one was locked on Hong Kong region with no other options so the clock was always a few hours out on the guide which was very annoying.
              Thats good to hear glad its fixed the tv.
              I have started again collecting smashed screen sets (more modern types though) and stripping them for parts and will add onto ebay at some point, profit wise anything is better than nothing and extra income is good to have.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                Thats good to hear glad its fixed the tv.
                I have started again collecting smashed screen sets (more modern types though) and stripping them for parts and will add onto ebay at some point, profit wise anything is better than nothing and extra income is good to have.
                I don't know how those people can sell boards on EBAY and make a profit. So many use it as a board swapping site. The last one I sold was for parts only. The guy still wanted his money back. EBAY ended up letting him keep board and paid me for it. So that was good, but not worth the headaches.
                I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I just sold a stand for a TOSHIBA 65U6863DB for £30 on ebay. The TV had a broken screen and I got it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukdigger View Post
                    I just sold a stand for a TOSHIBA 65U6863DB for £30 on ebay. The TV had a broken screen and I got it for free.
                    I usually find stands are the first to sell too any profit is better than none in my opinion.
                    I have placed a few wanted adds on facebook etc, free collection on non working tvs no smashed screens, the last 5 ive picked up for free have either been simple back light faults or capacitor issues made over £200.00 so worth doing, and in the process up graded my own tvs too a 4k curverd 48 in samsung and another 48 in samsung smart tv so yes worth doing.
                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 05-23-2022, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Stands are different than boards. Hard to say this stand didn't fix my problem, I want my money back.
                      I don't pay for broken TV's. I post on craigslist "Free pick up of non-working lcd tv". When I need more tv's. It would be nice if you could go to dump and pick up tv's.
                      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I bet the number of tvs that hit the landfill daily is a staggering amount for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                          Stands are different than boards. Hard to say this stand didn't fix my problem, I want my money back.
                          I don't pay for broken TV's. I post on craigslist "Free pick up of non-working lcd tv". When I need more tv's. It would be nice if you could go to dump and pick up tv's.
                          Too be honest i have sold a few boards and never had a issue i have got 100% seller status on ebay, but yes just been lucky i guess as a lot of people do get returns.
                          I never pay for broken tvs either and will only pick up within 15 miles of my home.

Comment

Comment

The symptom you state in the first post for this model is associated often with a burnt pins on the psb>mb cable connector..

Comment

Working...
                              X